Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

good mornings - form problem?

circusgirl

I've just done day 1 (max effort squat day week #1) of the 9-week powerlifting programme from elitefitnesssystems, with some modifications for equipment my gym doesn't have.

Anyway, I was doing good mornings in the squat cage, and I found that my lower back appeared to be taking most of the strain. Now, I was careful to take up what my gym refer to as the "get set" position (for squatting, romanian dls etc), and then bent over at the waist, keeping the arch in my lower back, knees slightly bent as if I was doing a squat, and went to parallel without changing back alignment or position at all.

Am I bending too far down, or do I need to straighten my back a bit? Or is this exercise supposed to exercise the lower back a lot?I do push off with my heels, but lower back seems to bear most of the weight.

On the plus side, managed up to 60kg :D

when I do good mornings, I usually have a cup of coffee and a dozen donuts.

are you sticking your butt as far behind as possible when you bend down? when I do this, I feel a stretch in my hams....

It's a major low back hams exercise.

keeping that arch is mucho importanto....

Widen your stance a bit. I think that it is best to learn this exercise with a very wide stance...say 50" or more for myself. The thicker your waist, the wider I think your stance should be most of the time.

You DON'T bend over...you stick your butt wayyyyyy back. Keep your head up, chest out, and back arched tight. I may be able to find a video clip of me doing them somewhere...and I'll post a link.

B True

Top Bottom