Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Good experts, your advice on cutting…

BigfootAdam

I am following a cutting program ; diet and workout. it is moderately working so far, but I AM LOSING MY SHOULDERS MASS, and it is driving me crazy, it is the last thing I want to lose. please advise me on what might be the reason, or if it is a normal phase in the process ?

A brief profile about me:

33 years old, male, height 185 cm, starting weight 103 kg, starting bf% 29

Now, my weight is 93 kg, and the bf% 23. The plan has been going for two months. I am already one size down in my shirts.

PLEASE ADVISE ME !

I am following a cutting program ; diet and workout. it is moderately working so far, but I AM LOSING MY SHOULDERS MASS, and it is driving me crazy, it is the last thing I want to lose. please advise me on what might be the reason, or if it is a normal phase in the process ?

A brief profile about me:

33 years old, male, height 185 cm, starting weight 103 kg, starting bf% 29

Now, my weight is 93 kg, and the bf% 23. The plan has been going for two months. I am already one size down in my shirts.

PLEASE ADVISE ME !

Not 100% sure, but it looks like you’ve lost 22 pounds in 8 weeks. Of most of the first 4-7 pounds was likely “water weight”, but now you should be losing actual tissue.

My concern would be you may be in too large of a deficit to preserve muscle mass? Usually I have to cut at .5-.7 pounds per week or less to keep muscle, you may be losing too fast? Of course we are all different.

How much protein are you getting daily? What does your diet and training look like?

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness

Hi chem,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Pardon me, I might have miscalculated. You 're right, the below is a correction:

Start weight: 103 kg on 01-03-2020

BF% 27. according to the US navy calc.

01-03-2020--started a diet 1700 kl circa (25% protein, 25% carbs, 50 % fats)

02-07-2020 Started a work out program, looks like below:
Bench press 8-12 reps
Chin ups 8-12 reps
Shoulder Press 8-12 reps
v- ups 8-13 reps
Torso rotation 8-12 reps (replaced by side bends)
Squats 8-12 reps
Deadlifts 8-12 reps

Go for exercises in a circuit, X3---4 times a week
and low int. cardio 60 min ---3 -4 times a week

Almost for the first time I start to see noticeable results.

Now my weight : 93 kg, body fat 22%, the 10 kg loss took almost 5 months, I am trying to cut fat and preserve muscle, but the issue is:

MY SHOULDERS ARE SHRINKING, AND THE BELLY FAT IS THE SLOWEST TO DECLINE. I was trying so hard and hoping not to lose shoulders mass.

Please advise me ??

Hi ,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Pardon me, I might have miscalculated. You 're right, the below is a correction:

Bench press 8-12 reps
Chin ups 8-12 reps
Shoulder Press 8-12 reps
v- ups 8-13 reps
Torso rotation 8-12 reps
Squats 8-12 reps
Deadlifts 8-12 reps

Now my weight : 93 kg, body fat 22%, the 10 kg loss took almost 5 months, I am trying to cut fat and preserve muscle, but the issue is:

MY SHOULDERS ARE SHRINKING, AND THE BELLY FAT IS THE SLOWEST TO DECLINE. I was trying so hard and hoping not to lose shoulders mass.

Please advise me ??

I will look for pictures and share them with you

Thanks a lot !

At your high body fat %, I would not worry much about muscle loss right now. Focus on getting lean and once you are there you can work to gain lean muscle. Muscle memory will allow you to build that muscle back very quickly.

Hi chem,

Bench press 8-12 reps
Chin ups 8-12 reps
Shoulder Press 8-12 reps
v- ups 8-13 reps
Torso rotation 8-12 reps (replaced by side bends)
Squats 8-12 reps
Deadlifts 8-12 reps

Please advise me ??

Sounds like you are making decent progress, I think this may come down to personal preference really. For ex. Lose slower=keep more muscle, or faster=accept more muscle loss.

I agree with Masonic, if your bf % is truly correct I would likely continue on at a similar pace, but ultimately that is a choice you will have to make.

Also, Pics would help as Steve mentioned.

When I did my first cut I thought I was losing muscle too, but it turned out I had less muscle and more fat than I thought🤣

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness

Hi,

my weight now : 93 kg, body fat 22%, is that still too high ?
the 10 kg loss took almost 5 months, I am trying to cut fat and preserve muscle, but the issue is:

Please advise me ??

Top Bottom