Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Good exercises for TRAPS???

:devil:
Upright rows
Hammer Strength machine shrugs
Behind the back Smith machine shrugs
Heavy as you can go then add more, strap up!

ballast-
I am curious what is your trap development like? Because I really havnt done any of the exercises that you suggested.. power cleans? What other muscles do they include besides traps? I dont know what day to include them on..

Also what are high pulls and dynamic shrugs?? Please help me out bro my traps are TERRIBLE!!
:(:(

Monstar-My traps are nothing special.I plan on posting a pic in a few weeks when we get our digital camera back.
Power cleans hit the legs,hips and and especially the back with an emphasis on the traps.Oly lifters use these and their backs are massive.A high pull is similar to a deadlift with a bigger range of motion.There are two "pulls" involved, just like the power clean.The first pull is from the floor to the knees, and the second pull is from the knees to about chest level.The first pull is done slow and the second pull is done explosive.A dynamic shrug is basically the second pull of a high pull, but instead of pulling the bar to chest height, you pull it to just above the belt level.This allows alot of weight to be used.All three are good trap exercises and there are several variations to each exercise, which include using a deadlift grip(called a clean grip) or a wider grip(called a snatch grip).There are a few websites that have detailed pics and explanations of these exercises.Let me know if you want the addresses.

My traps have always been one of my weakest bodyparts but they grow like weeds when I deadliift heavy for sets of 5.

ballast-
Yeah bro please gimme the websites!

So correct me if I am wrong..
Power Cleans- pretty wide grip more than shoulder width. You simply grab the weight as if your going to do a deadlift with knees bent etc. and explode up cleaning the weight. Am I correct? I used to do 'power cleans' for football and I am just making sure that I am doing the same exercise and form.

High-Pulls- basically a deadlift and an upright row combined into one exercise. Deadlift the weight off the floor and explode pulling it up to chest level. Usually a grip wider then shoulder width am I right?

Dynamic Shrugs- Basically a partial upright row.. starting with your arms extended at around shoulder, or a little wider then shoulder width grip, and just exploding the weight to around waist level. This last exercise seems like it will be great for the traps.
:D:D

Would you say these are better than heavy deads or dumbbell shrugs?

Also I would incorporate power cleans into my back/trap routine right?

Top Bottom