Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Good am's -- To belt or not to belt??

Forgot by gym bag today and thought what the hell... I have heard of gm's without a belt but never have done them.. now is as good as time as any right??

To my surprise I worked up to only about 40 - 50 lb shy of my p.r..
This I was not expecting.. I have been pounding the hell out of my core and I would like to think this is a positive result (???) of this training.. I might as well plan to do some more beltles and might even get brave enough to squat ( lot is psychological.. really have to focus to keep my arch) I feel great though!!!

Any body use or cycle without a belt on me or de days??

Thoughts and comments appreciated...

ps... sure did miss the hell out of my Chuck Taylors today !!:)

Good workout! No gear should be used until absolutely needed. Only when maximal weights are used should gear be used for safety issues. Injuries and rehab work may require the use of gear. Your progression will be much quicker if you train without gear until really needed. Good luck!

I don't use a belt...but I guess that using a belt could be another variation of the Goodmorning ME exercise...right?

B True

Gee

Cant tell the new guy on the board can ya?

Thanks for the Enlightenment...here I thought I did something special:confused:

I guess Im not as cool as I thought:fro:

I will continue to learn Obi One:alien:

Don't use a belt for them unless it is a huge pr and then only if you are feeling unstable. Use your abs as your belt, push out and they act the same. I have onlyused a belt for gm's maybe once in the last three months.

to use a belt vs not using a belt:

this is the same question stated in many different ways.

if your abs and low back are in shape, i think you can do a max effort with no belt without more risk of injury.

however, here is a thought. using a belt changes the mechanics of the lift. in this sense it really changes the lift.
you could consider it a different exercise. go for pr's both belted and non-belted. it is just another weapon in your arsenal of different exercises.

another reason i use a belt:

i like to get my body prepared for the weight i am going to squat or deadlift in a contest. if i know that i want an 800 squat in a contest, i would like to feel over 700 and probably as close to 800 as i can get on my body occasionally on ME day. I probably will not be able to get that without a belt. so, yeah i put the belt on and get more confidence from it. shoot me. half of powerlifting is mental.

if i thought that i could wear diapers and tampons and add weight to my lifts, i would probably do that too.

its all a matter of personal preference. just dont make a crutch of it.

/irish

I have just started to go without a belt on ME days. My lifts are
way down. Hope to get past the fear soon so that the lifts start
climbing again.

Grimmer, I wonder where I have heard those words before.
"Use your abs as your belt, push out and they act the same."
Your old lifting partner said that to me almost word for word.

Top Bottom