Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is this a good 5x5 routine?

needsize said:
almost exactly the same as mine, only difference is that I found on back/shoulder day, when you do shoulders first it doesnt really affect back, but when I do back first, it messes up my shoulder routine

That makes sence now that I think about it. Ill do shoulders first, Thanks bro :)

BIGDHO said:
Im doing shoulders with back. Im workin chest by it self along with abs the day before.

your front delts aren't going to be to sore and possibly hurt your form or weight when you do militaries the following day?

BIGDHO said:
Well as of next week Im switching to bulking and want to give 5x5 a shot. Tell me what you think of this routine. Thanks in advance. :)

5x5
Monday: Chest, Abs

Chest: Incline press 5x5
Flat dumbbell press 2x10
Incline Flys 2x10

Abs: Crunches 4x25
Leg raises 4x25

Tuesday: Back, Shoulders, and Calves

Back: Dead lifts 5x5
T-Bar rows 2x10
Lat pull downs 2x10

Shoulders: Military press 5x5
Lateral raise 2x10
Upright row (or) reverse pec dec 2x10

Traps: Barbell or dumbbell shrugs 4 sets of burnouts

Calves: Seated raises 4x25
Standing raises 4x25

Wednesday: OFF

Thursday: Bis, Tris, Abs

Bis: Standing barbell curl 5x5
Preacher curl 2x10
Hammer curl 2x10

Tris: Close grip press 5x5
Skull crushers 2x10
Dumbbell overhead press 2x10

Abs: Crunches 4x25
Leg raises 4x25

Friday: Quads, Hams, and Calves

Quads/Hammies: Squats 5x5
Leg press 2x10
Lunge walks 2x10
SLDL 2x10
Extensions 2x10

Calves: Seated raises 4x25
Standing raises 4x25

Saturday/Sunday: Off

My exact routine that I tried for about 6 months with very nice results.......only difference is I had to move delts to a day on their own...just too much after deads and rows...........I added a tad more volum for each, and did them seperately........

Bigdho and Jkurz1,
Boys, let me know what you think of the 5x5. I have never done a 5x5 routine or anything of this nature. I need to switch some things up, my current workout is putting a hurting on my joints.
wick

cwick0 said:
Bigdho and Jkurz1,
Boys, let me know what you think of the 5x5. I have never done a 5x5 routine or anything of this nature. I need to switch some things up, my current workout is putting a hurting on my joints.
wick

I hear ya. as I to train with hi volume this will be a new thing for me. Ill let you know how it gos.

I know this will be quite a change from your usual high volume approach! The split looks good. The volume is too low for my tastes, but give it a try and see how it works out.

Top Bottom