Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

gold gym personal trainer salary and other gyms

Jason ede

what's up guys I just got my personal training certification and I'm looking for my best options before sending applications, who better to ask than gym guys like you, by any chance do you how much a personal trainer makes at gold gym which is one of the biggest gyms in america, or which gym holds the best salary currently, thank you.

it isn't very much man. but you do have to start somewhere.

the highest paid PT's are ones who work with pro's or celebrities. to get to that level you need the connections or you need to really get a crazy reputation

the problem with being a PT is that every other guy out there is one. getting a certificate requires so little effort or education that the market is flooded with it.

GymHourly Session WageHourly Floor Wage
Gold's Gym$22.75 - $35.00 (No official tier system)$8.00 - $8.50
24 Hour Fitness$13.50 at CPT 1 $16.00 at CPT 2 $18.50 at CPT 3 $20.50 at EPT/Master$7.25 - $9.50
LA Fitness$12.00 - $15.00 (No official tier system)$0.00

as you can see by the above the job working at these places is about getting as many hourly sessions a day as you can pack in. essentially your job becomes about SALES, not being a good PT. being able to bring the client back for another session

Gyms literally screw personal trainers in every way. Gyms will charge people between $50-80/session. The actual trainer only gets 25% of that. Not only that, they are only paid when they actually have a client.

So let's say you work 8-5 but only have 4 clients during that period, you only get paid for 4 hours.

Your best bet is to try and find a local non-franchise gym where you just pay a small monthly fee and are able to train your clients freely. You will have to find your own clients but if you market yourself well on kijiji, craigs list, word of mouth etc. you will make the most money that way.

It is extremely difficult to make a living just being a personal trainer. That is why so many of them are selling gear to their clients and stripping on the side.

Too bad that healthy professions do not pay well.

Top Bottom