Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Going low and knees

muscledog

Today I went ass to the floor on squats. My question is since I had some knee problems in high school (couple yrs ago) would it be wise to do squats in this fashion?
Thanks

no.... going past parallel is not good.. and in your case it may be even worse. There is no need to go ass to the floor as it only puts unwanted stress on the joint.

I had ACL reconstructive knee surgery a couple years ago and I do ass to the floor squats with no problem. Personally I have found that these deep squats have helped my knee stability and strength quite a bit. However, make sure you follow strict form, squats are easy to do improperly. Check out this link for some good info on squat safety.

DaCypher said:
I had ACL reconstructive knee surgery a couple years ago and I do ass to the floor squats with no problem. Personally I have found that these deep squats have helped my knee stability and strength quite a bit. However, make sure you follow strict form, squats are easy to do improperly. Check out this link for some good info on squat safety.

good link bro...

per the info.. in the link.. I will stick w/ the power squat...as the wider stance puts less stress on the knee...

as for the full/deep squat, it seems as if (per the link) there are too many variables that can lead toward injury... ..

also per personal exp.. I would not do full squats w/ really heavy weight...

oh BTW I have a knee condition called Osgood Slaughter Disease..

Top Bottom