Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Goal: Jacked inner pecs and thunderous biceps

BiggT

Thanks to everyone who contributed to my old journal and thanks to those who just stopped by to check in for whatever reason. I was never much for online journals, but all the views I got was good motivation, so I am starting another one......just something fresh to post on so there isn't page after page after page to sift through for people. If anyone wants to check out my old journal, here is a link to it.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471494

Oh yeah, for anybody either new to the site or who doesn't know me well, the title is kind of an inside joke. I don't care much about inner pecs and thunderous bis, save for the homo-erotic pics of myself in my gallery.

Last edited:
I'll get my last few workouts on here.....

Wednesday 5/31/06

Power Clean: 45 and 135 by about a million warm-ups, 185x2, 225x2, 255x1, 275x1, 295x2, 295x2, 300x2, 300x2, 300x2

Clean Pull: 350x3, 355x3, 360x3, 365x3

This was a good workout, I still plan to do squat cleans, but I did the power version because squat cleans are taxing, and I do feel I need frequency and volume right now.....plus, last week I had a workout where I missed a 345 (which would have been a HUGE PR for me) squat clean 3 or 4 times, and I had been doing front squats a lot, and I was just a little over-taxed on them.

Thursday 6/1/06

Back Squat: (anytime I say back squat, it is an olympic squat done ATF) 135x10, 225x10, 315x5, 355x5, 385x5, 405x5, 335x8, 335x8

Behind-the-neck push press: 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 250x3, 250x3, 255x3, 255x3......Strict OHP tothe front: 200x9

Dips: Bodyweight x 3 sets of 20. I will weight these next week. I love the dipping apparatus at the gym I recently joined, I'd estimate it is older than I am, but it is the best thing I have ever dipped on in my life.....the bar width is adjustable, so I bring them in close, just wide enough for me to fit, I do them full range to full lockout, stressing the lockout. I really feel I can pop just about anything in the air and to my ears on push presses, but my triceps and lockout is holding me back a good 25-50 lbs, so close-grip dips are the prescription.

Squat went well, I am getting back into olympic squats after hammering fronts for a while.....I didn't know what squatting before push presses would do to me, but it helped, lol.....after squats, I felt like I could throw 255 off my back and through the ceiling.

Bodyweight is 242, I think I have a tapeworm, because the way I have been eating, I deserve to be a 400lb slob.

Looking forward to seeing your back squat progress.

It's hard to find a good dip bar. My old gym had a crappy device; not even a dip bar. It was an ab leg raise machine that happened to have two handles on the end for dipping. The bars were too wide and felt like they were going to snap off at any second. The bar at my new gym is WONDERFUL. It's shaped like a triangle so, like you said, you can go as wide or narrow as you please.

Keep fighting the good fight. Enjoy the tapeworm.

xblitz44x said:
Looking forward to seeing your back squat progress.

It's hard to find a good dip bar. My old gym had a crappy device; not even a dip bar. It was an ab leg raise machine that happened to have two handles on the end for dipping. The bars were too wide and felt like they were going to snap off at any second. The bar at my new gym is WONDERFUL. It's shaped like a triangle so, like you said, you can go as wide or narrow as you please.

Keep fighting the good fight. Enjoy the tapeworm.

Thanks....this time I don't want to push the 5's on back squats to the point of being burned out, I want to start heavier triples and doubles while I still have lots of progress room left and see what happens.

With the way you eat, I'm surprised nobody has yet mentioned the likelyhood of a thundering arse. :)

Are you chasing any particular goals through this journal aside from the eternal one to be better than you've ever been before?

blut wump said:
With the way you eat, I'm surprised nobody has yet mentioned the likelyhood of a thundering arse. :)

Are you chasing any particular goals through this journal aside from the eternal one to be better than you've ever been before?

My ass is actually pretty big, women of African American decent are generally my greatest admirers and are quick to randomly point it out in public, lol.

No goals in particular.....just keep bettering myself....my back squat PR is 515, I'd love to break that, I can always get my 5's into the 455++ range, but apparently I am a werido who doesn't fall into any normal 1 RM max caluculator ranges and it's never been good enough to get past 515 when I try to hit a PR......so I am hoping some heavy triples and singles as I get further along will help out.

Top Bottom