Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Goal: Jacked inner pecs and thunderous biceps

Jump shrugs are not a very good way to isolate your calves.

Tomorrow, fitday's servers will go down shortly after you input your info.

Proto, I forgot to answer your question about excess cals and diminishing returns.....I guess there could come a point for everyone when they hit a number causing too much fat gain too fast.....I think it would obviously vary from individual. I have never hit a point where I thought I gained too much bad weight too fast and out of control, it exists, as it does for everyone, but the exact number varies from person to person.

For recovery, I guess caloric surplus is all one would need....I don't know. I figure whatever I am eating right now, coupled with my activity level is maintainence for me to be 240-245 because that is where I have been for a while now, and I can make training progress.

As far as my bodyweight and diminishing returns, would I be stronger at 320 than I am at 245? of course I would....but, weighing 320 at 6' comes with risks, ones that I am not willing to take because this is just a hobby for me, granted a hobby that I take very seriously, but it isn't what I plan on doing to support my family when the day comes, I'll probably never realize my truest 'potential'....but again, unless it were my livlihood, I just don't think I'd want to take the risks that go with taking things to that type of extreme.

I'm assuming the terms 'jump shrug' and 'powershrug' are synonimous, yes?

How do you think they rate as a recovery zapper? Based on poundage alone it seems like they' be a killer - what do you think? I'd lke to add 'em but I'm hesistant since my posterior chain seems to be playing catch-up to my quads at the moment (I'm concerned about how they'd affect my lower back).

I'm probably just going to add them and find out for myself, but I'd like to heat your thoughts :)

No, they don't tap into recovery at all....it is such a short-range pull that it isn't very taxing at all. The first time you do them, soreness might be an issue, but as far as CNS blowout, it is a non-issue.

sgtslaughter said:
BiggT225.jpg
Sweet Geezus ...
:p :wavey: NICE T ... dang ... MUCH better ....
:D

Well, here it is my Fitday stats from yesterday, lol, to say the least, it was interesting.

I'll give a quick rundown of meals, then I will give my grand totals, lol....

Breakfast:

4 egg plain omlette
Bacon
Whole Wheat Toast
Oatmeal
Milk

Snack: PB and J Sandwich and milk

Lunch:

London Broil
White Rice
Spinach
Corn
Milk

Snack: PB and J Sandwich and milk

Pre-workout:

3 Bananas and milk

Dinner:

Salmon
Baked Potatos
Salad
Spinach
Milk

Snack:

Vanilla Ice Cream

Total Calories : 6004
Fat: 184
Carbs: 646
Protein: 454

I am obviously a pretty good 'guesstimator' with total calories.....and I guess I am not carb intolerant, lol.....I had white rice yesterday, sometimes I have brown, so it will vary....i also use sweet potatoes sometimes instead of the regular ones....Fat is a bit lower than it probably actually is because I didn't bother to compute any oil or butters, in which case total cals would be a little higher.....I was surprised at how much protein that is........I had a physical 2 or 3 months ago and all was well with BP and blood workup.....so I am not gonna worry.

Nice!

Ahhh missing fats?! How much, that can jack total calories way up, calories per gram is higher than carbs or protein :)

Would you say this is maintenance for you? Higher or lower?

Go on, grow a Bench Belly :D

there's no doubt that packing on a large amount of 'bulk' makes for incredible strength gains but the health risks and looking like a lop of shit mean I wouldn't do that again.

you know you eat 2 x as many cals as I do on average a day? I would love to be able to pack away that many carbs.. must help recovery a lot

lol at bench bellies....I will never understand purposely distending an orgran like that.

Honestly, I'd say this is maintainence for me to be 240-245, as I have eaten like this pretty much for a year and have not gone over 245, if I go away for a weekend and eat like a normal person, I come back weighing like 236 after two days , If I consistently ate 2500-3000 cals a day I'd probably weigh 180lbs and be crying that I am a 'hardgainer' despite 'eating like a pig'.........with the fats, I forgot to add the peanut butter, lol.....and I also had ranch dressing with the salad..and a little sour cream on the baked potatoes and a drop of I can't believe its not butter on the spinach......so, yeah, you can see why I hate measuring food, I just have no patience for little details, lol..........I was surprised the number was that low with whole eggs, red meat, salmon etc etc, plus I still think london broil has more fat that fitday claims.

I guess if I wanted to cut back, I'd eliminate milk and pb and j, and cut the rice and potatoes in half.

Top Bottom