Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Goal: Jacked inner pecs and thunderous biceps

BiggT said:
You'll notice your recovery is off the wall with a lot of cals...I might use fit day one of these days just for curiosity's sake.

I'd like to see you do that even if it's just once to see exactly what you get on any given day.

blitz, I am gonna try it for a day, just to satisfy my own curiosity....I have always gone by instinct, I just kind of always know what I need to add or scrap to gain or lose weight, like you always preach, I have my 'base' diet, and the rest is added or subtracted depending on what I want to do.

Either way, it will end up being my maintainence cals to maintain 240-243lbs cause thats where I have been for a long time eating like this. I might even up the cals, I'd like to hit 250, and my waist really hasn't budged, so I might try it and see if I can put on 7 or 8 lbs in the right places.

Rub it in, rub it in.

You really notice an improvement in recovery time the more you eat? Is there a point of diminishing returns? At 161 or so, I am actually not eating as much as I’d like b/c I’m trying to keep the weight gain to a pound a week. I’ll chow down after workouts and the next 18 hours or so, but then I try to eat “not so much” over maintenance b/c of the fat monster. I’d like to go more “balls out” but w/ my “profile,” I don’t know if the benefits (improved recovery) outweigh the costs (gut taking off).

BiggT said:
I might even up the cals, I'd like to hit 250, and my waist really hasn't budged, so I might try it and see if I can put on 7 or 8 lbs in the right places.

Might as well milk it and see how heavy you can get while your waist stays where it is. If you're going to try that though, I'd suggest putting on extra calories slowly...maybe transitioning over 2-3 weeks instead of point blank decided to add 1500 calories to your day.

BiggT said:
Thats more like it, lol

To conclude my post above, I finished off with:

more milk, I had about 3/4 gallon on the day, maybe a little more
A PB and J Sandwich (three layers)
a pound of grilled chicken
whole wheat pasta
spinach
Several scoops of ice cream, lol (2 hours worth of House on Fox last night, plus I went to sleep feeling 'anabolic')
lol... that's fecking awesome!!

I'm extremely curious to see what fitday has to say about your macros :)

Blitz, you're right on with the gradual increases.....and thanks for the comments Sarge.

I will try to dig up pics, one is last Summer at 225, one is a few months ago at 243ish..the same shot basically.....I think I look harder and leaner at 243, I always found food to be very anabolic if the training is where it needs to be.

Shades McCool said:
Yo T, what do you deadlift?

May 22, 2006:
BiggT said:
Thanks for checking in.......I forgot to post Saturday's workout....the cleans were planned, then the rest was improvised based on a compelling urge to deadlift.

Squat Clean: a ton of warm-ups, then 5 doubles at 275

Clean Pull: 315x3, 335x3, 355x3, 365x3

Deadlift: was gonna front squat, but I don't know what bit me in the ass.....405x5, 455x5, 495x5

Had a good day, wanted to drill volume on cleans with a weight that would allow me to not miss, yet was not pathetically light. I was happy with the deadlifts, I left about 20lbs in the tank, but if I pushed it, I'd be blown out already. I plan on doing these every other week for now. I haven't done these in several weeks, and as always with me, olympic lifts and front squats left me feeling primed when I came back to them. I pull conventional, as close a foot stance as possible, with a hook-grip, so those things give me great carry-over.
^^^ from his other log "Spring 2006"

... yah, i'm bored :rolleyes:

Top Bottom