Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Goal: Jacked inner pecs and thunderous biceps

Monday 6/5/06

Close-Grip Bench Press: 135x10, 225x5, 275x5, 295x5, 315x5, 315x5, 275x8, 275x8

Barbell Curl: 95x5, 115x5, 135x5, 140x5, 140x5, 120x8, 120x8

Strict Overhead Press (to the front): 135x5, 185x5, 195x5, 200x5, 200x5

I was happy with this workout....the OHPs got tough on the last set as I was dead from close-gripping, the last OHP set was a true grinder. The reason I stuck the curls in between was because I was pretty fried after the bench work. I'm not training tomorrow, but I'd like to eat about a million calories, then power cleans and clean pulls Wednesday.

I dunno about anyone else, but that db snatch number has me in awe! You put up so huge dang numbers man. Nice work. May I inquire if you are 'assisted' or not?

36drew said:
I dunno about anyone else, but that db snatch number has me in awe! You put up so huge dang numbers man. Nice work. May I inquire if you are 'assisted' or not?

Thanks man, I used to think I was a pretty good dumbell snatcher, then I found out guys were out there doing multiple sets of 10 with a 150 pounder during AM "recovery sessions" and it put me in my place, lol.

No 'assistance' right now, I'm probably eating close to 6000 calories a day, and that definitely helps get me through the training frequency.

And the waistband w/ 6k/day? I'll bet its staying about the same, you bastard. LoL

That's a damn lot of frequency. 6x/wk? I haven't seen you do that before. Have you? Is it an experiment or what?

Protobuilder said:
And the waistband w/ 6k/day? I'll bet its staying about the same, you bastard. LoL

That's a damn lot of frequency. 6x/wk? I haven't seen you do that before. Have you? Is it an experiment or what?

Yeah, my waistline seems to stay put.....I've done this type of frequency in the past.....and I think opting with GMs over deadlifts will help me get through 3 weeks of this.......exercise selection is key, I think going with chins over rows on Fri helps too, and of course the power versions of the olympic lifts can be a life saver too.

No lifting today, but a brief rundown of what I ate thus far today.....

4 whole eggs
bacon
whole wheat toast
oatmeal
MetrX Big 100 Bar (they changed something recently because it tasted like SHITE)
1 banana
2 NY strips each one on white toast
a salad
spinach
1/4 gallon of skim milk
a sugar free oreo cookie, lol
a lot of water

And plenty more to follow

No. = steak!

I just read that the official unofficial world record for BTN jerking (no rude comments please) is over 600. You've got some work ahead of you.

Protobuilder said:
No. = steak!

I just read that the official unofficial world record for BTN jerking (no rude comments please) is over 600. You've got some work ahead of you.

Yeah, DJ NY strip is steak.

Yeah, a 600 btn jerk is crazy. Marunde did 500 a while back, he's got the video on his site.........and I don't know how true this is as there isn't any documented proof and it was done in training, but word has it that Udo Beyer (German shotputter) did 10 singles with 600 back in his prime.....it is in an article Louie Simmons wrote for PLUSA a while back, it sounds unreal, but Udo was brutally strong, so at the least it is reasonable to me.

Top Bottom