Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Goal: Jacked inner pecs and thunderous biceps

proto, we do that sort of thing here in wichita from time to time. 20 snatches in 20 minutes, then rest and recuperate for 30 minutes or so, then 20 clean and jerks in 20 minutes.

both donny shankle and myself have done 20 snatches with 140kg (308lbs) in 20 minutes. thats one of the toughest workouts ive ever done. i didnt puke, but had the trash can close just in case.

some of my younger kids can do that workout with amazingly high percentages of their max. caleb ward, when he was 13 years old and snatched only 100k (220lbs) did 20 reps in 20 minutes with the first 10 being done at 90k, and the last 10 being done at 95k. freaking incredible.

Protobuilder said:
Nice. Somebody--can't recall who but it wasn't some dumbass--said the best conditioning he'd done was doing near max snatche singles, approx. 1 or 2 min's apart, for like a total of 20. Repeated w/ C&J. He said it made his conditioning so tight, high school wrestlers couldn't keep up w/ him re: conditioning.

glennpendlay said:
proto, we do that sort of thing here in wichita from time to time. 20 snatches in 20 minutes, then rest and recuperate for 30 minutes or so, then 20 clean and jerks in 20 minutes.

both donny shankle and myself have done 20 snatches with 140kg (308lbs) in 20 minutes. thats one of the toughest workouts ive ever done. i didnt puke, but had the trash can close just in case.

some of my younger kids can do that workout with amazingly high percentages of their max. caleb ward, when he was 13 years old and snatched only 100k (220lbs) did 20 reps in 20 minutes with the first 10 being done at 90k, and the last 10 being done at 95k. freaking incredible.

The endurance/conditioning of younger kids always amazes me......there was just a local 10k race near me (no, I can't run 6 miles and live to tell about it, lol) and they had a 1 mile run for kids beforehand, and there were 7, 8, 9 years olds who don't really run turning in 5-something minute miles.....my theory always was that their bodies and cardiovascular systems are pretty much brand-spanking new.

Glenn, I remember going on the WFW website a while back and seeing a vid of Caleb Ward, he has an odd name and it stuck in my mind, anyway he was doing a C and J with 300lbs or maybe even a little more and I remember being really impressed. Is he still training for competition?

*perk*

My male a$$ radar went off......

Did someone say nice male a$$?

I know I heard nice male a$$......... :dodgy:

wrapped nicely in jeans maybe? ;)

Que, It's only 7:30, and I am all done with my gallon of milk for the day.

I ate pretty good today, the eggplant was good, homemade sauce makes it though. I just had 2 and a NY strips, and 1 hot dog, lol... and a couple baked potatos and a salad

ChinkNasty said:
you benchin at all on this split? what are your upper days consisting of aside from cleans and other pulling movements

Just close-grips....upper body lifts will mainly be behind-the-neck push presses and close-grip bench, my main assistance will be dips, and maybe some type of incline work, but not pushed as a main lift.....Looking through old journals, I notice one constant when I hit upper body PR's, and that is I am doing dips in training.

Today.....Sun 6/4/06

Back Squat: 135x10, 225x10, 315x5, 365x5, 405x5, 415x3

Front Squat: 315x1, 330x1, 340x1, 355x1, 365x1, 285x8, 285x8

Good Morning: 135x10, 225x3 sets of 5

Standing Calf Raise Machine: 3 sets

Had a really good workout.....will squat 415x5 on Thurs....went with GM's instead of deadlifts, the main reason is because I have a busted callous on my left hand from cleaning yesterday and it was bothering me....the GMs weren't hard at all, but they are disproportionately weak compared to my squats and pulls, so I actually think I will do them for several weeks to up the poundages and maybe correcting this problem will improve everything else.......tomorrow is close-grip bench and some assistance work and will be my 6th day of training in a row, I will take Tues off, then do another 6 in a row and add a little more volume, then a third week of 6 in a row with more volume, maybe even some LIGHT AM sessions, then I will evaluate and think about doing less with more intensity.

Top Bottom