Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Goal: Jacked inner pecs and thunderous biceps

Trained quick today, Fri 6/2/06

Chins: 5 sets of 8 with bodyweight

Decline Situps: BW + 45 x 4 sets of 20

In and out pretty quick.....just keeping my weekly volume/frequency high. Tomorrow is some olympic lifting, and Sun I'm planning on close-grips, back squats, and deads.

Well, well. A shiny new journal. 8s on back squats, huh? That makes me want to take a nap. Whatever happened to your clean PR? I see you didn't get your 345 but were you happy with what you DID get?

Think you'll see much carryover from front squatting to back squatting?

Protobuilder said:
Well, well. A shiny new journal. 8s on back squats, huh? That makes me want to take a nap. Whatever happened to your clean PR? I see you didn't get your 345 but were you happy with what you DID get?

Think you'll see much carryover from front squatting to back squatting?

depending on the type of squatting stance. if he uses a PL stance, there will be some carry over. if he uses a narrower stance, oly style, then there carry over will be a lot greater in comparison to a wider stance.
with the oly style squatting, there is more of an emphasis on the quads. front squats help to strengthen the quads. so you can see where this and his cleans will help with his squat.

Dude! I'm so glad you went all Abercrombie on us! I always hated how you picked on all of us that work our chest and our biceps all the time. I mean, damn! You know that is what gets all the girls! And what's up with all this squat stuff, anyway??? Only fat slobs work on that crap, cuz' they know they can't hang with guys like us.

:sick:

I need to go cleanse myself. I feel violated. It was Satan.

(Looking forward to following along in your journal, brother.) ;)

Thanks boys....Proto, the 8's were just some extra backoff sets. I squat olympic style, so I get carryover to the fronts and vice versa.....I ended up cleaning 330, which I was happy with. I am not done with them, I just taxed the hell out of myself doing the full squat version so often.

Saturday 6/3/06

Dumbell Snatch (5 with right arm, then 5 with lest arm): 45, 75, 95, 100, 105, 110, 110

Power Clean: 30 singles at 250

Had a great workout. The d-bell snatches had me sucking wind and sweating big time...the cleans were fine, I was just drilling a smooth pull and then explosion at the appropriate height, I took no more than a min. between sets, the whole workout only took maybe 45-50 min. and my heart was pounding basically the whole time.
Back squats, close-grips, and some heavy DL singleson tap for tomorrow to end the workout and week when I am good and tired.

I am off to eat some eggplant and pasta.

BiggT said:
Saturday 6/3/06

Dumbell Snatch (5 with right arm, then 5 with lest arm): 45, 75, 95, 100, 105, 110, 110

Power Clean: 30 singles at 250

Had a great workout. The d-bell snatches had me sucking wind and sweating big time...the cleans were fine, I was just drilling a smooth pull and then explosion at the appropriate height, I took no more than a min. between sets, the whole workout only took maybe 45-50 min. and my heart was pounding basically the whole time.
Back squats, close-grips, and some heavy DL singleson tap for tomorrow to end the workout and week when I am good and tired.

I am off to eat some eggplant and pasta.
You did 30 singles at 250? That is impressive as hell but what made you pick 30 times?

Nice. Somebody--can't recall who but it wasn't some dumbass--said the best conditioning he'd done was doing near max snatche singles, approx. 1 or 2 min's apart, for like a total of 20. Repeated w/ C&J. He said it made his conditioning so tight, high school wrestlers couldn't keep up w/ him re: conditioning.

Shades, I wanted to use a lot of volume with a submaximal weight. With heavier weights, I do in the neighborhood of 10-15 total reps per workout, so with a lighter load to drill technique and short rest to train conditioning, I needed substantially more volume to make up for the decreased load on the bar. I did singles because I am of firm belief that when you start getting winded, form on the quick lifts goes to shit with rep work, I picked 30, because it is just a way to get the workload in with lighter weights, I will probably do 40 next and 50 the next as I gradually increase the work each week.

Proto....I was winded as hell during the workout, I'd be curious how many calories it burned, because I really was sucking wind.

Top Bottom