Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

GM's with bands, questions...

b fold the truth

Elite Strongman
Platinum
Anyone ever do GM's with bands?

My plan for tomorrow is to do squat stance gm's with bands for a 1 to 3 RM. Was thinking about using the light or mid bands for tension.

Any certain spot where I should put the bands in comparison to my feet? By my heels, mid foot, toes, etc...???

Any thoughts?

B True

well i was supposed to do those today, but instead i was a retard and had a little too much to drink last night and missed my workout. but i will do them tomorrow. i will do them suspended tomorrow instead. but next week i will do them choked down next week. i will put them about 6 inches infront of my toes so that it forces me to push back more.

X

i would say mid foot. you definitely dont want them forward of that. a person that really shifts their hips back on gm's wont experience too much more shearing forces since the bar travel should be close to centerline (from side), if its too far back it will pull you that way.

ive done them once. a while ago. id say set the bands up in the same place youd have them if you were squatting.

I used banded good mornings with a cambered bar for a while, I did them with relatively light bar weight and light bands for time. I put the bands about an inch in front of my foot, that was where it felt natural for me.

Looks like I'll be playing with where the bands should be for me...lol.

What bands did you guys use? I was thinking about using light this week...mid maybe.

B True

IMO, chains are better than bands for GM's. Swinging chains while walking the weight out and performing the movement are great for core stability.

I've done suspended GM's with green bands. I set them up just like the squat. I remember that the bands made it feel akward, until the bar weight got high enough to stabalize it a little more.

Screwball said:
IMO, chains are better than bands for GM's. Swinging chains while walking the weight out and performing the movement are great for core stability.

good point, some of the guys at my gym will put up to 200 pounds of chain at the ends of the okie dl bar and work with it, that shit gets crazy....i might try that with gm's...in about 6 weeks....lol

Screwball said:

Sounds like the fun I get when I put 800+ on the Super Yoke and walk with it...lol.

I don't have chains...yet.

B True

Top Bottom