Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

GM's with Bands, Anyone?

JDarty6173

Just wondering if anyone here has tried goodmornings with bands before? I was thinking about giving them a shot on my ME Squat/Dead day tomorrow.. Chain suspended with maybe a set of minis for an extra 70 to 100 at the top...Or Some lights maybe? It just kinda hit me since I'm gonna move my GMs down to 36 inches tomorrow (ala the Asylum).. I have been rotating 40, 44, and 46.5 inch....So I'm used to some heavy weights up higher.... Ehhh, just a thought...I'll let yall know how it goes

I have done them with te chain suspended GMs. i just looped a mini on each side and have also used the lights looped. I like them a lot because they are not adding to much at the botom and oonce you get the bar moving without them it becomes pretty easy. These tend to keep the movement a little harder especially whereit is the easiest at the top.

Well I went with the Light bands choked on 36" chain suspended GM's today...And I have to say that I recommend everyone give them a try...The bands force you to fight the bar all the way up instead of just when breaking it loose... And damn, the lowest I have gone previously was 40"...Talk about a huge difference at 36"... I'm 6ft 1 and it was hell trying to get under the bar... I'm guessing I had around 100 pounds band tension at lockout but they were completly relaxed at the bottom... And I was only able to go up to 335 on the bar for a double...Talk about a humbling experience... I just developed an even greater respect for the Asylum crew for the poundage they put up at this height...

Top Bottom