Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Glenn Pendlay - Arioch do you know him?

coolcolj

Arioch or anyone else do you know Glenn Pendlay?

He is an Olympic lifter now, but used to power lift. This guy is huge and natural!! Anyone have pics of him?

Thess are his words from the Dr squat forum

--------------------------------

now, to add my two cents worth to this whole body thing... you said it wasnt too good of an idea for a "clean" person...

well, i am clean, i train my whole body in each workout, and i think ive done pretty good when it comes to physical development. ive bench pressed over 500lbs, squatted over 800lbs, deadlifted over 700lbs, snatched 352 in competition and 375 in training, clean and jerked 419 in competition, and just did 440 two nights ago in training. ive also curled 235lbs for 8 reps, closed the #2 ironmind gripper for 28 consecutive reps (dont have a number three). ive also push pressed 429lbs, stiff legged deadlifted 700, done RDL's with over 700 for reps, done strict barbell rows with 425lbs, and have done a good morning with over 500lbs down to parrallel.

so... what do you think, jj? do you think that whole body workouts have worked ok for me? the fact is, you need to learn a little more about training before you start to act as if you know so damn much. most of the worlds top athletes train like i do. thats a fact.

------------

i suppose the most important detail is that i have trained steadily from the time i was around 13 or 14 or so to the present, im now 31 by the way.
ive concentrated on several different sports during this time, including wrestling, scottish highland games, powerlifting, and presently olympic lifting.

my training has changed of course as i changed sports and matured as an athlete... but it has always centered around exercises like the squat, deadlift, powerclean, clean, push press, bench press, snatch, bb rowing, good mornings, etc. i havnt done each and every exercise at all times throughout the years, but always did mostly exercises like these, big exercises that use lots of different muscles at once.

ive usually trained with a whole body program... with the exception of a couple of years where i did the westside program.

--------------------

I assume this question of how much mass was gained was directed at me.
well, as a high school freshman, i wrestled at the 112lb class. i lifted all through high school and also grew a lot, and ended up weghing around 185 or so right before wrestling season my senior year... however i lost some weight and wrestled at 171. i really started to grow between my senior year of high school and freshman year of college, i think i was about 200lbs starting college. a bit over 6 feet tall also by the way. i started powerlifting not long after this and worked my way up in bodyweight over the next few years, gaining i suppose 20lbs a year on average for the next 4 or 5 years. i peaked out at about 300lbs during my powerlifting career... then took a break from competition for a couple of years while putting my wife through school. i did still train, but not specifically for any competition. after beginning olympic lifting 3 years ago, i quickly shot up to 330lbs, then in the last two years have increased that to about 360lbs.

as far as measurments go, when i was a starting out in powerliting weighing in the low 200's, i wasnt really that big. but by hte time i was in the 275lb class, i had arms near 20 inches, thighs around 30 inches, and a neck of about 21 inches. at 300lbs i had honest 20 inch arms, 32 inch legs, and a 22 inch neck. right now i have 34 inch thighs, arms a bit over 22 inches, and i am not sure about the neck, but a 23inch neck dress shirt wont button.

so im at my biggest right now, and also at my strongest. im sure if i went back to powerlifting i could signicantly improve on my powerlifting poundages... the 500 bench, 800 squat, and 700 deadlift as well as my best good morning and best barbell row were all done when i weighed under 300lbs and wasnt near as strong as i am now.

i plan to gain more weight. i keep getting stronger as i gain muscle and bodyweight... so as long as i can get bigger without getting a big gut or anything, ill keep gaining. ive got a big frame, and hold the weight better than most people probably could. at 360 im still at least halfway athletic, i can run and jump, and play basketball with the kids when i want to... so im sure i can get bigger.

---------

MONSTER!!

Top Bottom