Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the.gladiator1987's 12 week 5x5 log

You would be surprised what a properly worn belt will do for your numbers. I use one on my top sets of squat/deads and it definitely adds weight to the bar.

A belt helps you maintain intra abdominal pressure when lifting. You blow/flex your abs out against your belt and it stabilizes your spine and the load.

Some people abuse the belt though. I don't understand how a belt helps with triceps press downs? If your back is bum it's time to layoff the press downs and get on the hyper bench lol.

Chalk will add 20% to all lifts too :)

If you decide on getting a belt let me know. I can recommend a few good ones.

Chalk is amazing , last year when i was struggling to DL 375 , picked some chalk up . Next DL day , banged off 405 for reps. Im still 50/50 about having a belt on.

Week 7 Day 1

Squat - 145x5, 185x5, 225x5, 260x5, 295x5
Bench - 140x5, 175x5, 210x5, 245x5, 275x5
BB Row - 95x5, 115x5, 135x5, 160x5, 185x5
hanging leg raises - 5lb x 15, 5lb x 12

All the bolds are PR's! Squat could have gotten 2 more, bench could have gotten 2 more, and rows were pretty slow. I need to work on my explosiveness. Any ideas how to incorporate explosiveness or should I wait till after the 5x5 to do that? Shit like hang cleans, power cleans, front/jump squats, etc.

Also gonna try the jumpshoes to try and add some inches to my vertical jump. Its at a pathetic 26 inches. I can grab rim though, or barely touch it off one leg. I cant palm the fuckin ball tho!

Its tuesday, tmr is supposed to be my Day 2 but i did the shoulder party today. Actually i did 50x10, 60x10, 90x8 on db military and then i did my top set of 5 reps of 165x5. So ill just be doing deadlifts, squats and pullups tmr. No shoulders. I was too bored here at the gym because my client didnt show up! grrr

Hah I was wondering why I couldn't find your journal at the weightlifting section. Good job on the PR's! I bet you could get through the whole 12 weeks, but if you can...try and take it even longer, definitely take that deload you plan to take afterwards though.

I'd say wait until after the 5x5 for explosiveness. Definitely milk any and all progress you can from this 5x5 run. No rush to add everything in, it'll more than likely lead you to overtrain faster. It's up to you though.

Hah I was wondering why I couldn't find your journal at the weightlifting section. Good job on the PR's! I bet you could get through the whole 12 weeks, but if you can...try and take it even longer, definitely take that deload you plan to take afterwards though.

I'd say wait until after the 5x5 for explosiveness. Definitely milk any and all progress you can from this 5x5 run. No rush to add everything in, it'll more than likely lead you to overtrain faster. It's up to you though.

Thanks bro. I am hoping i get through the whole 12 weeks i really feel like i can. Im definetly taking 2 weeks off completely. havent done that in a while anyway, and my joints are killing me. gonna start running glucosamine (before deca Haha)

ill wait for sure. I have been doing a couple sets here and there of snatches and cleans but im gonna wait. i jus wanna add it in with my mass routine for on cycle.

If i add 2.5lbs on each side of the bar (5lbs total) on everything it will make my squats 315x5, bench295x5, deadlift 335x5, bb military 185x5. pretty stoked about the strength before a massive strength cycle lol.

Week 7 Day 2

Squat - 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 225x5
BB Military - Did yesterday so no military press today
Deadlift - 135x5, 195x5, 235x5, 275x5, 325x5, 335x5 <------PR's
Pullups - 10, 7, 6
ABS

Did some sick deadlifts today! My hips were high but i cant help it. If i go any lower i either have to bend my arms, or go behind the bar and "squat" it up. So im keeping my hips high, my back straight over the bar, and kinda stiff legging it but not really. Ill post vids tonight. But im done with asking people to critique my deadlift lol. Pretty much figured we all have our style, different flexinility/limb lengths, etc so as long as im not setting myself up for injury im good to go. Agreed?

My pullups are going down but im glad im doing them. Heavy dl's right before probably gets me more tired, and i am seeing more thickness so im happy.

Week 7 Day 2

Squat - 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 225x5
BB Military - Did yesterday so no military press today
Deadlift - 135x5, 195x5, 235x5, 275x5, 325x5, 335x5 <------PR's
Pullups - 10, 7, 6
ABS

Did some sick deadlifts today! My hips were high but i cant help it. If i go any lower i either have to bend my arms, or go behind the bar and "squat" it up. So im keeping my hips high, my back straight over the bar, and kinda stiff legging it but not really. Ill post vids tonight. But im done with asking people to critique my deadlift lol. Pretty much figured we all have our style, different flexinility/limb lengths, etc so as long as im not setting myself up for injury im good to go. Agreed?

My pullups are going down but im glad im doing them. Heavy dl's right before probably gets me more tired, and i am seeing more thickness so im happy.

Good job on the PRs! doing deads before pullups will definitely make them go down. If it bothers you, you could try switching the two exercises. Doing pullups first doesn't really affect your deadlift.

Good job on the PRs! doing deads before pullups will definitely make them go down. If it bothers you, you could try switching the two exercises. Doing pullups first doesn't really affect your deadlift.

Thanks brotha! Yea I might do that, I havent thought about that, I guess lats arent really in deadlifts. Ill be doing that from now on!

Week 8 Day 1

Squat - 155x5, 185x5, 225x5, 260x5, 300x5
Bench - 135x5, 185x5, 205x5, 245x5, 280x5 (315x2)
BB Row - 95x5, 115x5, 135x5, 160x5, 190x5
Hanging leg raises - 0x20, 0x15

all bolds are PR's. I did 315x2 first for bench to see how many time i could get it, got it 2x, maybe could have gotten 3 but its heavy lol. I got 280x5 about 5 minutes after that. I was sure my bench would have stalled by now, but now im actually stronger than i was after cycle! And ive gained weight (not jus water weight). IM lookin bigger and stronger from this 5x5 so far, loving the results guys. I hope to get another 3-4 weeks of PR's, then taking 2 weeks completely off. My body/joints need it :)

IF all goes as planned, my strength will have gone like this

Squat - 285x4 ---> 315x5
Bench - 275x3 ----> 295x5
BB Row - 175x4 ----> 205x5
BB Military - 160x5 ---->185x5

Top Bottom