Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the.gladiator1987's 12 week 5x5 log

thx for the response. One question tho, the very start of the pull, Is you whole body supposed to go up? It seems like i use my hips and then when it gets past my kness i straighten out and thrust my hipds forward. BUt on other people it looks like the position they start in carries the weight up and then the hips thrust forward. You get what im talking about?

I don't think I understand your questions. Maybe this will answer them though: Your whole body does move up from the start. The majority of the movement from the ground to the knees is the extension of your knees. Not all movement from the ground to the knees is the knees extending, just the majority is. maybe 65/35 ratio of knee extension/hips moving forward. Then from the knees to lock out, it changes to maybe 65/35. Your knees should not lock out until the end of the movement, and neither should your back/hips, it's just the majority of what's happening.

I think you might be over analyzing it. I think your form looks great from the floor to lockout about when you use your hips vs. knee extension. The only things you really need to work on is getting that bar as close to your body as possible and locking out. I'm a believer that the more you do it, the better you'll get because your body will find the most efficient way at doing it. It should feel natural. Here's a tip too: after you pass your knees, squeeze your ass as if you're pinching something between them, it will definitely help with thrusting well and completely lol.

One last thing, IMO, if it's uncomfortable for you to squat down too much, then don't. You gotta remember everybody has different limb lengths, flexibility limits, etc. There's always some leeway. If I remember correctly, your first video wasn't a SLDL.

I don't think I understand your questions. Maybe this will answer them though: Your whole body does move up from the start. The majority of the movement from the ground to the knees is the extension of your knees. Not all movement from the ground to the knees is the knees extending, just the majority is. maybe 65/35 ratio of knee extension/hips moving forward. Then from the knees to lock out, it changes to maybe 65/35. Your knees should not lock out until the end of the movement, and neither should your back/hips, it's just the majority of what's happening.

I think you might be over analyzing it. I think your form looks great from the floor to lockout about when you use your hips vs. knee extension. The only things you really need to work on is getting that bar as close to your body as possible and locking out. I'm a believer that the more you do it, the better you'll get because your body will find the most efficient way at doing it. It should feel natural. Here's a tip too: after you pass your knees, squeeze your ass as if you're pinching something between them, it will definitely help with thrusting well and completely lol.

One last thing, IMO, if it's uncomfortable for you to squat down too much, then don't. You gotta remember everybody has different limb lengths, flexibility limits, etc. There's always some leeway. If I remember correctly, your first video wasn't a SLDL.

Thats what I needed to hear. Me trying to get my hips as low as possible just made the whole lift different. If my form looks pretty good already, Ill just work on keeping it close and locking out at top more.

Thx for clarifying the squatting down too much then dont. I think I might be tight because I never stretch.

Week 2 Day 3 of 5x5 Program

Squat - 135x5, 165x5, 200x5, 230x5, 270x3, 200x8
Bench - 135x5, 155x5, 185x5, 215x5, 255x3, 185x8
Row - 80x5, 100x5, 120x5, 140x5, 165x3, 120x8
Weighted Dips - 45lb x 10, 90lb x 10, 145lb x 6 <-------- PR!
BB Curls - 75x10, 90x10, 105x6 <-------PR!
Tricep Pulldown - 80x8, 95x8, 110x7 <------PR!

Super sick workout today. Felt fuckin strong as hell. I know Im still not up to my maxes but I definetly feel like I will get hella stronger on this program.

First day of taking Jack3d also, and I love it. I think the only reason my weighted dips w/ 145lbs went up from 4 to 6 reps is because of Jack3d. I talked to some store manager at a nutrition shop and he said Jack3d is all caffeine. I personally like it a lot though, I did 2 scoops.

I will post videos of my lifts today. I dropped the squat weight down (285 to 270 for my 3 rep max) but Im glad I did because it felt like I could do 5 more. 285 was too much for the 1st week

I cant wait for weeks 5-12! If I stall, I read that you try it again at the same weight for 3 weeks and if you still dont get the reps you drop it down so your current 5RM is 4 weeks ahead, right?

Week 2 Day 3 of 5x5 Program

Squat - 135x5, 165x5, 200x5, 230x5, 270x3, 200x8
Bench - 135x5, 155x5, 185x5, 215x5, 255x3, 185x8
Row - 80x5, 100x5, 120x5, 140x5, 165x3, 120x8
Weighted Dips - 45lb x 10, 90lb x 10, 145lb x 6 <-------- PR!
BB Curls - 75x10, 90x10, 105x6 <-------PR!
Tricep Pulldown - 80x8, 95x8, 110x7 <------PR!

Super sick workout today. Felt fuckin strong as hell. I know Im still not up to my maxes but I definetly feel like I will get hella stronger on this program.

First day of taking Jack3d also, and I love it. I think the only reason my weighted dips w/ 145lbs went up from 4 to 6 reps is because of Jack3d. I talked to some store manager at a nutrition shop and he said Jack3d is all caffeine. I personally like it a lot though, I did 2 scoops.

I will post videos of my lifts today. I dropped the squat weight down (285 to 270 for my 3 rep max) but Im glad I did because it felt like I could do 5 more. 285 was too much for the 1st week

I cant wait for weeks 5-12! If I stall, I read that you try it again at the same weight for 3 weeks and if you still dont get the reps you drop it down so your current 5RM is 4 weeks ahead, right?

Nice PRs bro!!!

How are you rowing? Pendlay??? Rows from the floor are becoming my favorite lift. You need to get stronger on them. You should be handling at least 225 for 5 imo. If not more. They will really carryover to your DL numbers too. At least they do for me.

Nice PRs bro!!!

How are you rowing? Pendlay??? Rows from the floor are becoming my favorite lift. You need to get stronger on them. You should be handling at least 225 for 5 imo. If not more. They will really carryover to your DL numbers too. At least they do for me.

Thanks bro! Yea I was stoked, come critique my lifts tonight when I post the videos, ill post them in this thread.

Pendlay just means you do each rep from the floor instead of all in a row in the air right? I just make the weightas touch the floor then explode back up. My lats suck, I look like I can do 20+ pullups but I can only do 11. And I have never done rows so I know they will get up there quickly.

so 225x5 is a good weight for weighing 190? Ill try and get to that, at week 12 of the 5x5 it has me doing 205x5 and 210x3 so Im pretty sure I will get that since I just started doing them.

Thanks bro! Yea I was stoked, come critique my lifts tonight when I post the videos, ill post them in this thread.

Pendlay just means you do each rep from the floor instead of all in a row in the air right? I just make the weightas touch the floor then explode back up. My lats suck, I look like I can do 20+ pullups but I can only do 11. And I have never done rows so I know they will get up there quickly.

so 225x5 is a good weight for weighing 190? Ill try and get to that, at week 12 of the 5x5 it has me doing 205x5 and 210x3 so Im pretty sure I will get that since I just started doing them.

You should be deloading each rep on the floor. No bouncing. Do your Dls like this too. DLing like this will be harder at first, but before long you will get really strong off of the floor.

Your rows and bench should be close to equal. At least mine are. I have a weak bench though....

You should be deloading each rep on the floor. No bouncing. Do your Dls like this too. DLing like this will be harder at first, but before long you will get really strong off of the floor.

Your rows and bench should be close to equal. At least mine are. I have a weak bench though....

Damn, ok I already do my DL's like that ill start doing the rows like that.

Shit well my bench is higher probably because ive been doing bench for 5 years and rows for 1 month lol. I cant wait for my rows to explode! So my weak rowing weight explains my non-existent lats...

Damn, ok I already do my DL's like that ill start doing the rows like that.

Shit well my bench is higher probably because ive been doing bench for 5 years and rows for 1 month lol. I cant wait for my rows to explode! So my weak rowing weight explains my non-existent lats...

Just keep plugging away bro. Adding 10 pounds to your row every a month is 120 pounds in a year. That sounds realistic :)

When the weights get heavy on the rows you will have to deload every rep. My eccentric is basically a controlled free fall. Similar to the eccentric of a DL. The concentric portion of the lift should be done as fast as possible while still maintaining good form.

Just keep plugging away bro. Adding 10 pounds to your row every a month is 120 pounds in a year. That sounds realistic :)

When the weights get heavy on the rows you will have to deload every rep. My eccentric is basically a controlled free fall. Similar to the eccentric of a DL. The concentric portion of the lift should be done as fast as possible while still maintaining good form.

Damn 120lbs sounds fuckin amazing!!!

Ok so I can take a little time between reps?

Damn 120lbs sounds fuckin amazing!!!

Ok so I can take a little time between reps?

I might take a couple of breaths between the heavy reps. I never let go of the bar though.

Now would be a good time to learn to hook grip too. You'll thank me in a year when you have the strongest grip of anyone you know.

Top Bottom