Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the.gladiator1987's 12 week 5x5 log

I think you dropped it back perfectly.

IMO I don't think you should drop wednesday's squat. I never did well when I dropped a squat workout. If your legs are sore, you'll get over it. Wednesday will actually help soreness. If you're mentally shot from last week, you aren't. Your last week isn't enough to drop you into overreaching. If you're worried about stalling early, don't. I'm sure your other lifts will stall before it. I don't think I've ever stalled on squats/deadlifts before stalling out on OHP/bench/row.

I think you dropped it back perfectly.

IMO I don't think you should drop wednesday's squat. I never did well when I dropped a squat workout. If your legs are sore, you'll get over it. Wednesday will actually help soreness. If you're mentally shot from last week, you aren't. Your last week isn't enough to drop you into overreaching. If you're worried about stalling early, don't. I'm sure your other lifts will stall before it. I don't think I've ever stalled on squats/deadlifts before stalling out on OHP/bench/row.

Yea I dont think Ill drop it. I went running yesterday on cement so my tendons under my calves are sore as hell that might be a reason i feel like shit too. Ill see how I feel this week, everything is all good so far.

Week 2 Day 2

Squat - 135x5, 165x5, 200x5, 200x5
Military - 90x5, 110x5, 125x5, 145x5
Deadlift - 190x5, 225x5, 260x5, 300x5
Pullups - 0lb x 11, 0lb x 7, 0lb x 6

Quick question. Can the Military Press be Standing Behind the neck?

Also, my deadlift seemed WAY harder after I tried lowering my hips more. I think that would make my max go way down from what I had put for the program. Heres a video of my squats for 300x5, but I really think I should drop it down and learn perfect form. Let me know what you guys think thanks

YouTube - Deadlift 300lbx5

Can;t really tell if you are locking those out or not. Looks like you are getting deeper which is good just need to work on the timing of the movement and the lockout.

Can;t really tell if you are locking those out or not. Looks like you are getting deeper which is good just need to work on the timing of the movement and the lockout.

ok next week ill record them again, is there a certain angle that would allow you to see the lockout? Are you referring to my legs locking out straight at the top of the movement?

Your legs always lockout on the DL, it looks like your back isint. Watch some powerlifters deadlift and you will see waht im talking about, it looks like you are still a little bent over at the end of the movement. Also, looks like the bar is way to far ahead of you. You want it to be touching your shins when you start the lift.

Your legs always lockout on the DL, it looks like your back isint. Watch some powerlifters deadlift and you will see waht im talking about, it looks like you are still a little bent over at the end of the movement. Also, looks like the bar is way to far ahead of you. You want it to be touching your shins when you start the lift.

OH ok, I'll make sure I go all the way locked out next time.

I might need to lower the weight to have better form. When i keep my hips low it makes my weight seem 5x heavier

How far away is the bar from your body? It looks like it doesn't touch your shins especially during the first rep. Attempt to have the barbell touch your body at all times on the way up. It looks like it sometimes sways toward you as if it were not already touching your body. Don't worry about tearing up your shins the first time. Torn up shins are better than having a F ed up back. It should climb up the shins, up the knee, then once you clear the knees, thrust your hips forward. Sometimes the bar will bring your shorts up with it...to give you an example of how close that bar needs to be to your body.

Yeah you are not locking out completely. Don't over exaggerate the lockout, but stand up straight as if you were just standing there without the barbell.

EDIT: lol, looks like BK beat me to it.

How far away is the bar from your body? It looks like it doesn't touch your shins especially during the first rep. Attempt to have the barbell touch your body at all times on the way up. It looks like it sometimes sways toward you as if it were not already touching your body. Don't worry about tearing up your shins the first time. Torn up shins are better than having a F ed up back. It should climb up the shins, up the knee, then once you clear the knees, thrust your hips forward. Sometimes the bar will bring your shorts up with it...to give you an example of how close that bar needs to be to your body.

Yeah you are not locking out completely. Don't over exaggerate the lockout, but stand up straight as if you were just standing there without the barbell.

EDIT: lol, looks like BK beat me to it.

thx for the response. One question tho, the very start of the pull, Is you whole body supposed to go up? It seems like i use my hips and then when it gets past my kness i straighten out and thrust my hipds forward. BUt on other people it looks like the position they start in carries the weight up and then the hips thrust forward. You get what im talking about?

The initial break off the ground should be with your legs. Kinda like those stupid signs in warehouses that say lift with your legs save your back.

Top Bottom