Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

the.gladiator1987's 12 week 5x5 log

Week 8 Day 2

Squat - 155x5, 185x5, 225x5, 225x5
BB Military - 105x5, 125x5, 145x5, 170x5
Deadlift - 155x5, 205x5, 255x5, 295x5, 345x4/5
Pullups - 0x10, 0x6, 0x4, 0x2

Bolds are PR's. My grip slipped on my 4th and 5th rep, so it kinda cvasued my back to round? just my upper back, like i couldnt pull back all the way. first time this has happened to me im kinda pissed. Should i do more grip work or use straps? Or chalk? I really wanna be able to lift this shit without anything haha, straps feel like cheating to me. Would i be setting myself up for injury if i dont use straps/chalk?

Week 8 Day 3

Squat - 155x5, 185x5, 225x5, 265x5, 305x5, 225x8
Bench - 145x5, 185x5, 225x5, 260x5, 315x2, 285x4
BB Row - 95x5, 115x5, 135x5, 160x5, 190x3, 135x8
Dips - 110x8, 110x8, 110x7
BB Curls - 95x10, 95x7, 95x5
Skullcrushers - 105x8, 105x8, 105x8

Love 5 x 5's... I don't think chalk is cheating and I have used wraps on deads before. It is nice if you do them on maybe one heavy set because you don't want your grip to hold your back from making your back stronger. Unless you are planning on competing I would say who cares. I used to have a rule and use them only on my last heavy set. That way my grip was always getting stronger and I was not being held back. Also I will only use a double overhand grip with anything 455 and lighter which really helps your grip strength. I save the alternate grip for heavy sets now. I leaned this from Lane Norton. I think he has pulled over 600 with a double overhand grip and he trains natty. Your dead is only like 40 pounds more than your bench! Fuck I dead almost double my bench. But my bench is my weak lift. I like your log man. Good luck.

Love 5 x 5's... I don't think chalk is cheating and I have used wraps on deads before. It is nice if you do them on maybe one heavy set because you don't want your grip to hold your back from making your back stronger. Unless you are planning on competing I would say who cares. I used to have a rule and use them only on my last heavy set. That way my grip was always getting stronger and I was not being held back. Also I will only use a double overhand grip with anything 455 and lighter which really helps your grip strength. I save the alternate grip for heavy sets now. I leaned this from Lane Norton. I think he has pulled over 600 with a double overhand grip and he trains natty. Your dead is only like 40 pounds more than your bench! Fuck I dead almost double my bench. But my bench is my weak lift. I like your log man. Good luck.

first of all you are fucking huge! Pretty much the size i want to be in a year and a half when I play D-1 ball (Safety)

I like what youre sayin, double overhand until the last set where i switch to alternate and use straps. Good advice. Oh and I used to be the Bench King haha, like everyone else i see at the gym that only works chest and single arm curls. I have only been doing squats and deadlifts for 5-6 months now, chest for about 6 years!

Thanks for posting brotha, good to see new faces around here too.

Thank you for the kind words man. As far as the deadlift grip goes I was told the double overhand helps a lot more to DEVELOP your grip grip strength and it worked well for me. Where are you going to play ball? I was training for many years in fighting sports on and off. I would love to play football but my grades sucked in high school. I would like to pursue fighting but I am broke right now so I just lift. We have very similar training programs right now also. I love those 5x5 bill starr type workouts. Should be great for you if you are going to play ball.

Thank you for the kind words man. As far as the deadlift grip goes I was told the double overhand helps a lot more to DEVELOP your grip grip strength and it worked well for me. Where are you going to play ball? I was training for many years in fighting sports on and off. I would love to play football but my grades sucked in high school. I would like to pursue fighting but I am broke right now so I just lift. We have very similar training programs right now also. I love those 5x5 bill starr type workouts. Should be great for you if you are going to play ball.

ILl def do the double overhand grip. I am gonna walk on to UNR (Nevada Wolfpack) next year. They are D1 so Im pretty stoked. I just need to get my lifts up a bit more and my speed. If I can bench, 375, squat 405, and deadlift 455, and run a 4.6 40yd dash then I will be set.

So I need 45lbs on bench, 70lbs on squat and deadlift and 1.5 sec off my 40. In a year and a half

I dont think you will have any problem hitting those numbers man. I would shoot for 495 pound squat. In a year and a half it should be no problem. And learn how to do cleans the right way. Maybe in place of dbol next cycle run some anadrol? Not a full 100 mg but but just 50 mg a day. A lot of my friends that juice took dbol and liked it but when they tried anadrol there numbers went through the moon. I have a friend your height and weight who ran a moderate cycle with 50 anadrol and his bench went up a hundred pounds in a month. I know you hear all the time you lose it after but I noticed the guys who ran a cycle or two with anadrol kept a large percentage of the strength they gained. Its like it took them to a whole other level. I asked my buddy what I should take if want to run an oral for my current cycle, he told me dbol is garbage and he wouldnt give it to his dog, anadrol all the way... He was squating 500 in high school and is the strongest and biggest fucker I know and knows his shit. Just food for thoght.:p

you're doing great man. I can't get over how lean you are able to stay and how strong you've gotten off cycle. K to you.

Thanks man, i dont know how longi can keep up eating marshmallow cream, lucky charms and buttered popcorn though lol.

The 5x5 has really gotten me great results. I reccomend it to anybody. I think im going to do the theory i was thinking about, 5x5 off cycle and a split mass routine on cycle. Best of both worlds :)

Top Bottom