Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Girl Drama + Weight Loss

I would not add LOTS of nuts ;) but yeah if you want to "lose weight" and it doesn't matter whether it's muscle or fat, a mostly vegetarian diet would do it. As long as it's not just pasta all the time. All those old-fashioned "diets" work, but you have to stick with them and exercise your patootie off. You can lose twenty or thirty pounds really quickly this way. And then build up muscle properly afterwards.
Grapefruit, cottage cheese, tomato juice, fish, unbuttered/unoiled vegetables, undressed salad. There you go, that's a weight loss diet. No bagels for pete's sake ;)
I see the appeal for Rocco Dispirito, and he's cute too, so I can see how you'd want to watch, but he does a lot of low-fat stuff which I always try to avoid as it usually has more sugar/starch in it. maybe cherry pick those recipes.
The main thing is to start.

what the hell? what do yuo really expect to happen if you tell someone to eat fruit veg and water every day all day?

1. they will hate it within a few days and go find the latest fad diet that allows them to eat real food

2. they will spend all day craving real food

3. they will lack energy all day

no disrespect but I disagree

also why would you recomend a catabolic diet? catabolic = muscle wasting... the less muscle someone has the slower their metabolism. With a higher metabolism she could eat more making the diet less grueling...

I dont really get the idea behind your advice here, I would be interested to hear the reason behind it all...

i used this diet to drop 35 pounds myself. and i'm not saying eat just that... you can eat lean meats as i stated above. this is just a base of what most of her diet should be if she wants to lose weight.

this diet DOES speed up the metabolism, her metabolism and energy will be sky high. this is a similar diet that weight watchers puts people on, and that is a pretty damn good diet with the points system.

you need to be a little more open to things, she isn't a bodybuilder or a lifter.. her goals are to lose weight... and this diet will do it pure and simple..

she will not crave food necessarily, but she will crave fats. this is why i recommend drink a lot of water and I'm sure you understand that drinking water will shut off the brain from feeling hungry..

again I'm not saying just eat fruits, veggies, water... you need to re-read what i posted and not look at things in just black and white. I'm saying MOST of the things she would eat should be those things. i would say 75%. and then overtime she can gradually re-introduce other foods back in moderation.

i use this diet myself when i am cutting off cycle, and look at my avi. <<<<< i see a lot of muscle on that frame so not sure where you get the whole muscle wasting theory from. in fact this might come as a shock but as I've stated many times on this forum I am mostly a vegan. and I'm eating some rasberries as I write :)

it all boils down to a LIFESTYLE change. if you want to drink Arizona sweet tea then you are gonna have a tough time losing weight. most people DO NOT eat enough fruits and veggies this is a fact. which is why we have an obesity and diabetes epidemic

its no different advice than telling guys who are 6 feet and 150 pounds to not juice and to start working out. thats the advice people give all the time, I could use your arguement on that too. "HEY you are guys are nuts? seriously? this guy never works out and now you want him to workout 4X per week? i disagree! "

well unfortunately diet + working out are the #1 things.. if you aren't willing to change your diet and TRY then you won't reach your goals.

my aproach for those who like to eat whatever they want...
...workout like a madman...
...that way you can enjoy life...
really though, to the OP, you do not need that dramatic of a diet to make some change to your body...
drinking nothing but water, and running/jogging 30min a day is a good start... after 6 weeks see where that puts you, and then decide from there what you would like to change to progress...

if you take it to the extreme in one jump, you may not like it and quit...

Emphasizing the water...

You do not want to be drinking your calories. Drinking anything but water is basically empty calories that you need to work off. Water is all you need, the human species has survived solely on water for generations. It what we are meant to drink, best part is: it has zero calories.

I bet that if you switch all your lemonade and sugary beverages out for water you could see results just through that.

Emphasizing the water...

You do not want to be drinking your calories. Drinking anything but water is basically empty calories that you need to work off. Water is all you need, the human species has survived solely on water for generations. It what we are meant to drink, best part is: it has zero calories.

I bet that if you switch all your lemonade and sugary beverages out for water you could see results just through that.

+1 this is what I preach and teach ...

All good advice above. I'm going to go a slightly different route, and some may not agree with what I say. There is more than one way to skin a cat, as they say. (Disclaimer: I am in no way advocating the skinning of cats.)

There is a reason South Beach, Atkins, low-carb diets are so popular... they are easy to understand and they WORK. That said, I am not a huge fan of them out of the box, so here's my recommendation:

Most of your calories come from lean protein sources say 60%:
Chicken
Tuna
Lean cuts of beef
Salmon
(Really, most unprocessed fish I fine)
Turkey

Eat enough carbs that your energy levels don't plummet during exercise (30%):
Vegetables, as many as you want, these are free
Whole grain breads, pasta
Brown and wild rice
Steel cut or rolled oats
Quinoa

You probably will get enough fats from your regular diet that you don't need to seek more out, but if you start craving fatty food (10%):
Small handful of nuts, avoid peanuts and pistachios
Olive oil on salad, veggies, or whole grains

The most important thing is tracking what you eat everyday. I do it with a free app on my phone for every meal -- I have a log of basically everything I've eaten for the last 2 months+. Be aware of the ingredients in the foods you eat. Avoid products that are "instant," processed, or containing hydrogenated oils, corn syrup, and lots of words you can't pronounce.

Good luck! Remember that on this board there's a whole horde of people with the necessary knowledge willing to help. No question is a bad question.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Ive looked throught the "Eat This Not That" books, and just like Stevesmi said they are overall pretty solid, portion control and good macro ratios, etc... but the truth is they are a watered down version of the most effective way to do it. Period. Now if you want to compromise, which is fine, then this is a good plan, but DO NOT expect results that you will like that much without regular, vigorous excercise (NO I do not mean barely idling on the elliptical while you read US Weekly for 20 minutes, I mean EXCERCISE!!).

The other side of this coin is this - many people want the faster results more than they think. I mean that, no matter whether they say they dont want to do the hardcore diet/excecise thing, if given the choice of GARUNTEED results in a few months of strict eating (which isnt that hard, it just sounds hard!!) and intense workouts, or going on a mild diet that they dont have to change their lifestyle for but see very few or slow results, not only do they discover they have a new passion, but the results and rate of gains (or losses, when desired - although I count that as a gain!) are much more motivational than getting through a few months of just eating somewhat better, not making any lifestyle changes, and losing a couple of pounds... NOW which one sounds like a waste of time?

It sounds like you and your girlfriends are pretty dead set on this diet, so the short answer is yes it is a good diet - but if you just take the time to learn about nutrition and how food affects the body, you will be infinitely more successful. The nutrition basics you can find on this site, if you just follow them, will far outweigh what you can learn reading that book - but its up to you. It is not a diet that is a waste of time or bunk, if that is what you are asking! Best of luck

she suggested we go swimming at the lake… I could have killed her! She knows I am self-conscious, and of course she’s perfect in every way…

You're lucky bro-ette, she like's you. I think she's letting you know she's not hesitant to be seen with you when the clothes come off. Plus she's giving you some extra motivation to change over to a healthier lifestyle. :jenscat

Top Bottom