Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Getting a wider back

RootRanger41

[FONT=&quot]I know theres a shit load of these out there but....I want a wider back(who doesnt).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is my routine so far....[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cable row-3x8/10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Deadlift-4x8/10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BB V bar row-4x8/10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lat pulldown-4x8/10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]DB row-3x8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BB row-3x8(underhand grip)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cable straight arm pulldown-3x8[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Am i over training? Recently i switched up the way i do v bar rows...i used to have my back parallel to the ground, but some guy at the gym who looks pretty stocky told me to try a new way. He said i need to have more of an angle and an arch in my back when i do my BB vbar row. But when i do that i feel a sharp pain in my lower back. Its not a good pain either its an "oh shit" bad pain lol. Sorry for the long write up....[/FONT]

Sounds okay to me. Maybe add in some delt flies too. As far as bent over bb rows, I wouldn't recommend bending parallel to the floor either as it puts your lower back in a vulnerable position. I agree with the advice you were given. Basically you need to bend your knees a little and lean forward pivoting on your hips (do not bend your lower back) to get the angle. Keep your back flat and your core braced, and don't overload the bar. Use a weight that you can handle without jerking your legs or back and you aren't using momentum.

when I interviewed Frank Zane I asked him the #1 mistake guys are making in the gym today and his answer was overtraining their shoulders. by the look of your post he is right. remember your shoulders are not supposed to be destroyed at all, if you do then you will have rotator failures as you get older.. in fact 50% of gym rats have some sort of tear in their shoulder from over pounding, you just don't realize it unless you went and did an MRI and we are so used to general soreness and pain.

Top Bottom