Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

getting rid of belts

op7700a

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]ihave been using a belt for a long time after a friend sold me his. but now i am reading it may not be the best idea. i've used itduring my entire workouts. now it seems my posture is all weird,went to an ortho and she said the belt was causing me to be ahunchback and creating imbalances. is all this true then why dopeople use them? [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]ihave been using a belt for a long time after a friend sold me his. but now i am reading it may not be the best idea. i've used itduring my entire workouts. now it seems my posture is all weird,went to an ortho and she said the belt was causing me to be ahunchback and creating imbalances. is all this true then why dopeople use them? [/FONT]
She is stupid. If anything belts help posture. But if you aren't doing heavy squats or deadlifts. Not necessarily needed. They take skill to learn how to use properly

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

i don't advocate belts be used. i believe in training raw

your ortho is right. using belts like that nonstop will absolutely create imbalances. so will other accessories like gloves, straps, wraps, etc.

i can see you using a belt on a strong lift if you are a powerlifter maxing out for a competition or something, but to use a belt nonstop like that is absolutely wrong.

also your posture can still get messed up without a belt. weight training actually causes a lot of damage to your spine and discs. you must decompress things. best way to do that is yoga atleast 1-2X per week

You shouldn't use a belt for your entire workout. That will lead to a weak core, and honestly bad form on some movements. Use it for heavy squats and heavy deadlifts for extra bracing etc. but don't use it for everything.

Top Bottom