Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

was getting a little bored and irritated with working out so....

variation

Well.. I always keep track of my numbers and quite frankly I'm kind of sick of doing it and doing the same routine; so I think I'm just gonna do some freestyle for like a month, just work whatever I feel needs working and start out a little low and just keep increasing the weight after sets till I hit 1 rep max for all exercises and just have a blast... that's more fun to me than counting this many sets and that many reps and how much I did for them...

I really enjoy working out like that, just hitting set after set and sweating like crazy, viens bulging and the greatest pumps.

anyone else ever do this for a while just to cure some boredom?

variation said:
Well.. I always keep track of my numbers and quite frankly I'm kind of sick of doing it and doing the same routine; so I think I'm just gonna do some freestyle for like a month, just work whatever I feel needs working and start out a little low and just keep increasing the weight after sets till I hit 1 rep max for all exercises and just have a blast... that's more fun to me than counting this many sets and that many reps and how much I did for them...

I really enjoy working out like that, just hitting set after set and sweating like crazy, viens bulging and the greatest pumps.

i do this every once in while, on those days were you walk into the gym feeling like a superhero

That's cool, but how will you know how much to put in the bar each time without writing down what you did last time? Or can you always remember how many reps you do at each weight for every exercise?

"on those days were you walk into the gym feeling like a superhero" --YUP :p

Backlash: I don't really remember.. like I might just start around a weight where I know I'm a little below and then just keep increasing it, and keep doing sets till I can get maybe like 1 rep left this could end up being a total of say 5 sets for an exercise, I haven't really done this on a consistant bases before, but I think I'm gonna do it for like a month or so.. I think I can probably make some strength gains this way.. I mean I don't have the numbers on paper so I know what I have to beat...

but If I don't try to limit myself either I think I can increase without even knowing exact figures, as long as I just keep going till I'm toast for all exercises.

Typically, your average person trains like this. As far as gains and progress go, it is a one way ticket to the shitter.

I do understand what you mean about burnout though, and you'd be better off taking several weeks off, but staying active, run, do bodyweight work, circuit work, then come back to a structured program when you feel recharged. But, just going to the gym to blindly pump away with no rhyme and reason, in my opinion, is the worst thing you could do.

Last edited:
variation said:

I do that most of time. Instinctive training. The muscle group splits dont change much, but the sets, reps and exercises can be all over the place. Has worked well for me.

I do instinctive training too. I do HST and Westside routines, and, of course, those are structured. But otherwise, I do a traditional, Arnold-style split and just instinctively train the body parts that day. In fact, there is a show in june, so I am switching to instinctive training now (aborting my westside) to get ready. That is my most reliable, attractive growth. . .

Re: Re: was getting a little bored and irritated with working out so....

WalkingBeast said:

I do that most of time. Instinctive training. The muscle group splits dont change much, but the sets, reps and exercises can be all over the place. Has worked well for me.
me too. all i try and do is get sore and pumped from my workouts. it was when i stopped playing the numbers game that i started seeing real progress.

Top Bottom