Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Getting fit and losing weight

scoundrel6

What would be the first thing to do in terms of losing weight in the gym? I am going to really improve my diet. Please tell mw what kinf of workouts I should do ?

Research shows time and time and again that High intensity Interval Training (HIIT) Is better for fat loss and muscle preservation than slow-steady cardio like jogging or bicycling. If you’re new, you’ll have to work your way up to it. An example of HIIT incorporated in your resistance training is simply to do an intense “cardio exercise” between your weight sets instead of laying down watching your phone. An example of this can be kettlebell/Dumbbell swings, bench step ups or simply running in place (fast). If you can only do 30 seconds, that’s good, what’s important is to keep it as intense as YOU can, you’ll work your way up. Rest as much as you need and increase intensity and/or frequency and/or volume as time goes by for prolonged fat loss, and you can also lower you rest periods over time. Make sure to eat good organic food, supplement if you can and stay consistent. One thing I like to always say to my clients: Dont depend on your emotions to get stuff done, dont depend on motivation, emotions change everyday, motivation comes and goes. That’s why so many people quit, because they depend on their current motivation to get the job done. Do it because it’s what’s correct, do it because it’s good for you, dont do it because you “feel” you want to, tomorrow you may feel like crap and not want to keep going. Do it because it’s what’s correct, take control of your health your mind and your life and that’s the bottom of the line.

Hope that helps. [emoji117][emoji123]

Diet.
The first and most important thing is diet.
Exercising without a diet will not make much difference in weight loss.
Diet, weight training and aerobics. That's the best combo.

i don't care what 'research shows'.. i care about real world evidence

the evidence is going to the gym and busting your ass does NOT cause weight loss. i see the same fat people in the gym everyday for the past 2 years straight busting their ass and they stay fat.

it is all about genetics, homeostasis, and diet lifestyle. not DIETING, but diet lifestyle. meal timing is crucial, what you eat, when you eat, etc.

i don't care what 'research shows'.. i care about real world evidence

the evidence is going to the gym and busting your ass does NOT cause weight loss. i see the same fat people in the gym everyday for the past 2 years straight busting their ass and they stay fat.

it is all about genetics, homeostasis, and diet lifestyle. not DIETING, but diet lifestyle. meal timing is crucial, what you eat, when you eat, etc.

What up Stevesmi? Research = real life.
They can “bust their ass” all they want but training is only one part of the equation. (As you mentioned at the end of your post) You don’t know how their kitchen looks like. You present anecdotal evidence only, which is cool. But HIIT research has been extensive, proven hundreds of times in clinical studies with real people and very clear. It seems you think lifting weights in the basic manner like 3 sets of 10 reps without ever going to failure is HIIT. Not even close. Here goes my anecdotal evidence, I have a six-pack without doing ANY type of slow-steady cardio. [emoji1] That means nothing. Science AND “real life” evidence is very clear on the effects of HIIT in the body, whether you like it or not, and you can do HIIT at any gym without equipment, Cheers ✌️

^^^I was in no way poo-pooing your post.

in terms of HIIT my view is that it is a great way to use up energy in a short time however the disadvantage is it is much more harsh on the body

as a former endurance athlete LSD (long slow distance) worked far better than HIIT when it came to boosting my endurance ahead of a road race. interval training just ended up wearing me down

also i don't know of any endurance athlete who trains with any sort of interval training more than once a week at most. even at the HS and college level with track they do more tempo running with their guys. being fresh for the actual meets is very crucial

as far as the normal joe who only has 15 minutes to spare then yeah it is perfect for them vs. sitting on the couch.. but a fat person who is 300 pounds is not going to be able to do HIIT and magically lose weight if they continue shitty eating habits. you are a seasoned athlete so it works perfect for you.

since they are so out of shape they have to gradually ease into exercise. but it starts in the kitchen and with proper eating habits. i'm a proponent of fasting for example, but i would never tell someone who is 300 pounds out of shape to do a prolonged fast without supervision. i would tell them get into better shape first

^^^I was in no way poo-pooing your post.

in terms of HIIT my view is that it is a great way to use up energy in a short time however the disadvantage is it is much more harsh on the body

as a former endurance athlete LSD (long slow distance) worked far better than HIIT when it came to boosting my endurance ahead of a road race. interval training just ended up wearing me down

also i don't know of any endurance athlete who trains with any sort of interval training more than once a week at most. even at the HS and college level with track they do more tempo running with their guys. being fresh for the actual meets is very crucial

as far as the normal joe who only has 15 minutes to spare then yeah it is perfect for them vs. sitting on the couch.. but a fat person who is 300 pounds is not going to be able to do HIIT and magically lose weight if they continue shitty eating habits. you are a seasoned athlete so it works perfect for you.

since they are so out of shape they have to gradually ease into exercise. but it starts in the kitchen and with proper eating habits. i'm a proponent of fasting for example, but i would never tell someone who is 300 pounds out of shape to do a prolonged fast without supervision. i would tell them get into better shape first

Great post [emoji115]
As an endurance athlete, HIIT does not seem to be the best option, as you mentioned. As a normal person who wants to lose body fat, it seems to be the better way in general, obviously working their way up first. It can be very harsh if taken to far not being ready for it. Our bodies are different and react differently to training. Research shows generals and there’s always exceptions. Thanks for sharing your experience, Stevesmi, I know people will read your post and identify. I also like fasting a lot.

What would be the first thing to do in terms of losing weight in the gym? I am going to really improve my diet. Please tell mw what kinf of workouts I should do ?

I'd bet a buck right now you aren't doing a thing. So doing SOMETHING will work

Focus on lifting weights. That's what sculpts the physique. Cardio simply burns calories.

HARD weight training is what will give you the body you want

I am super happy to see you are worried about the diet as a first priority. Based on that, any exercise will help. Don't get too specific. If your diet is in check you will lose weight. Exercise only adds to it.

Top Bottom