Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Getting the best routine

Murklestein

[FONT=&quot]So I was on the elliptical machine yesterday and by the end of my workout, the tops of my quads and my glutes were exhasted. It got me thinking -- seeing as how most cardio machines utilize the muscles of the lower body (elliptical, treadmill, bike) is it possible to overtrain/overuse the muscles/joints of the lower body when cardio is done along with strength training?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For example, if one does strength training on Mon/Wed/Fri and cardio on Tue/Thu/Sat, with Friday being "legs" day then one would be exerting the lower body muscles/joints on Thu/Fri/Sat with no rest. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]What "upper body" cardio is there? -- boxing, swimming..........both of those actually seem to use ALL the muscles/joints of the body.[/FONT]

It depends on what type of intensity you are doing. If you're doing high intensity stuff then yes you'll overfiatigue yourself and probably stress your CNS all to hell too
This really sums it up well

Top Bottom