Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Getting the bar off my back for a couple of weeks

mekannik

so what would be a good substitute in the meantime? Currently doing 10x3 superset of squats & SLDL.

With the gym I am at now, hip belt squats are out. Leg press is not an option (o.k. - absolute last resort). O/H squats? Conventional hack squats? Front squats? Something else?

List your choice and the reason why. This is in part due to the article regarding taking a break from squats as a means of deloading and giving the spine a break.

And any reference to leg extensions will be met with a quick kick to the groin.

Why not leg press?

My one bro plays D1 football, and their strength coach swears by leg presses. They never ever do squats, ever. And that team has some monsters for people that is for sure.

lol at leg extensions. I personally have no problem with leg presses. I'm not lifting to impress anyone and I got injured from squating, so I need to do them now.

I love Zercher squats. more because they really test your pain threshold with the bar on your arms. fun as hell. I miss them

standing or seated GM's. why? because they are the best substitute for squat/deadlift.

mekannik said:
so what would be a good substitute in the meantime? Currently doing 10x3 superset of squats & SLDL.

With the gym I am at now, hip belt squats are out. Leg press is not an option (o.k. - absolute last resort). O/H squats? Conventional hack squats? Front squats? Something else?

List your choice and the reason why. This is in part due to the article regarding taking a break from squats as a means of deloading and giving the spine a break.

And any reference to leg extensions will be met with a quick kick to the groin.

Illuminati said:
standing or seated GM's. why? because they are the best substitute for squat/deadlift.

To specify, I am doing medium stance Oly Squats. So I am looking for a movement to hit more of my quads.

I like GM's, but those are more for a dead substitute. And I like the SLDL for my hamstrings and lower back.

try front squats, or zercher squats. those will get the bar off your back, and infront of you. other than that, i'm not a body builder, so i dont really concentrate on my quads.

mekannik said:
To specify, I am doing medium stance Oly Squats. So I am looking for a movement to hit more of my quads.

I like GM's, but those are more for a dead substitute. And I like the SLDL for my hamstrings and lower back.

d-dub said:
Belt squats might be a good alternative, if you have the gear to do it.

Read my first post. Geez....

Went with front squats @ 235 and upped my SLDL to 365. Pretty solid workout. Figure about 1/4 of my fronts were on target with form, having read Dan John's articles and tips.

Back does not feel as abused as normal from Oly squats.

Illuminati said:
try front squats, or zercher squats. those will get the bar off your back, and infront of you. other than that, i'm not a body builder, so i dont really concentrate on my quads.

illuminati
pro bodybuilder

no offence..

:p :chomp:

Top Bottom