Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Getting back in the gym

nathanbreeze

[FONT=&quot]Well I started back to the gym after having been away for 5 years due to surgery. Now I found myself less secure about what machines to use, how manys reps and number of sets on each one.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The gym has personal trainers present but I'm more of a loner when I'm there. Currently I have a friend who has adjusted his gym schedule to help me but that won't last forever and I'd really like to do it on my own.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Any websites that explain each piece of equipment and give recommendations on how to get started, when to work each muscle group, and for how long to tone up?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

that is a damn good question.

i learned to weight train by going to the library and reading lots of books on the subject, that was before the internet really existed.

i would stick to the big compound lifts. forget the machines as a new lifter

5x5 lifts have always given me great results. You have so much access to information online do some reading and watching!

[FONT=&quot]Well I started back to the gym after having been away for 5 years due to surgery. Now I found myself less secure about what machines to use, how manys reps and number of sets on each one.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The gym has personal trainers present but I'm more of a loner when I'm there. Currently I have a friend who has adjusted his gym schedule to help me but that won't last forever and I'd really like to do it on my own.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Any websites that explain each piece of equipment and give recommendations on how to get started, when to work each muscle group, and for how long to tone up?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
You can get a lot of info on YouTube that will show you the movements and proper way to do them

I am a fan of the 5x5 program for when are just getting back into. Focus on your big compound lifts since they give you a lot of bang for your buck. Also check out YouTube for lots of great videos on proper form and use of equipment.

Top Bottom