Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Getting Accustomed to Wide Stance Squats

louden_swain

Hello Everyone!

Just to let you guys know. . . I am a religious squatter. For the past 4 years I have used a relatively close stance as my feet are spread apart about 10 inches. I can squat a lot of weight at this stance and I have had tremendous development in the quads.

However, I am ready to make a transition to a wide stance. I must say that I am terrible with the wide stance. When I squat down to the parallel position, my back tends to bend over too far. Also, my hips tend to explode out of the hole too fast causing my back to bend over. I also feel that my hip flexibility is lacking to some degree. Those are my weak areas.

I am able to keep my back nice and straight with the close stance. I want to learn how to properly master wide stance squats so I can obtain new quad and hip stimulation, plus I feel that I will be able to develop incredible hip strength. Are there any suggestions on how I can strengthen my weak points? Should I try low bar squats? Any imput would greatly be appreciated. Thanks. LS

Technically speaking you should be able to go lower and stay more upright using a wider stance. You must be doing something wrong

If anything a closer stance require more ankle flexibility

Wider stance stress the hamsrings and glutes more. Your probably tighter in those areas

when I tried a wide stance squat, it had pulled amuscle in my lower back. what is a good rule of thumb for distance when performing these? just wider than shoulder width? I squat with my knees inline with my shoulders.

Top Bottom