Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Get repetitions for pull up

weeritnz21

I can only manage 6 pull ups strict form. I want to be able to do 10. What can I do to elevate my reps even more? What kind of lifts will help ??

I can only manage 6 pull ups strict form. I want to be able to do 10. What can I do to elevate my reps even more? What kind of lifts will help ??

I am not a good reference but objective is important for repetitions. If you want better muscular development, stronger or more explosive, the number repetitions are different. First, you work chest and back or legs but never both, quadriceps are so big and ask a lot of energy. Pull-up, the day you work your arms.

If you goal is to increase number of pull-ups, this is more endurance.

Also, you have to do, your complete exercise, many muscles working in a pull-up, with 6 repetitions and then you go to workout arms with dumbbells and barebells for your triceps and chest. You start with a long and light series to keep muscles warm, you increase near your maximum with 12 repetitions, increase 1 kg with 8 repetition and two other series of 4 repetitions with maximum load. This is useless to have weighted pull-ups to increase number.

Take care to not make the same mistake than me, movement is less important than the way you use your muscles. Also, if you cannot do that, you cheat the last. Moreover, wide pull-up looks bad and lowerbut that gives a muscular back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can train in negative your movements when you are not able to do a pull-up, you only use a high step and move down slowly with your arms.

It's been asked on here a few times (ok a couple of 100).

I am not a good reference but objective is important for repetitions. If you want better muscular development, stronger or more explosive, the number repetitions are different. First, you work chest and back or legs but never both, quadriceps are so big and ask a lot of energy. Pull-up, the day you work your arms.

If you goal is to increase number of pull-ups, this is more endurance.

Also, you have to do, your complete exercise, many muscles working in a pull-up, with 6 repetitions and then you go to workout arms with dumbbells and barebells for your triceps and chest. You start with a long and light series to keep muscles warm, you increase near your maximum with 12 repetitions, increase 1 kg with 8 repetition and two other series of 4 repetitions with maximum load. This is useless to have weighted pull-ups to increase number.

Take care to not make the same mistake than me, movement is less important than the way you use your muscles. Also, if you cannot do that, you cheat the last. Moreover, wide pull-up looks bad and lowerbut that gives a muscular back.

Take care, if you need to pass a physical evaluation, stress and high pressure ask much more energy. You have better to do a lot of cardio in this case because you will be heavier the day of your test.

Train them twice a week, and work on lowering body fat if possible.

Massive reps of 100 in order to fight genetic.

Is it good at the end of a workout to do a lighter 100 series after his super set? For example, triceps dumbbells workout and pushups one minute without any break between each serie and end-ups with 100 targeting triceps exercises on machine. I can do same with each muscle group each two days. I don’t need to wait after a series. I can start with a complete exercise and then a super set. At the end of my circuit, I can use a machine in order to program my muscles where I want workout and targeting this muscles by a long series without to be too heavy.

Top Bottom