Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

German Volume Training?

H

HappyScrappy

Anyone here done it or heard good/bad thing about it?

I'm always looking for new shit to try and that looks interesting.

Anyone?

I have

When I first stopped running and started lifting I read about it in a magazine and then checked out some books on it. I tried this for 3 months and then went searching for something else.

It was ok, but I was such a piss-ant about training my experience shouldn't be considered for anything of real value here

cool - thanks for the info tx.
I'm reading through the testosterone.net stuff and the different diets and the different workouts.
I like the 1-6 workouts and the T-Dawg diet and the german volume training shit.

I'm taking a week off now to let my shoulder heal and also try to discern if I had some bunk test cyp, and then next week I have either my planned workout schedule, or I'll switch to this shit.

I'll keep the board posted if it seems to kick more ass than my usual shit.

I use a variety of techniques during a six week streach. Sometimes it borders on HIT sometimes volume, sometimes all resistance work. The thing is you have to mix up your routines about everysix weeks, days, splits, etc.. because your body adjust fully to the workout within six weeks.

yeah, that is why I'm looking for a new routine. I actually switch up every 4 weeks and see awesome results from it. but I'm always keeping an eye out for something new to switch to.

The old poliquin GVT program is pretty good...the new TC version misses the point of acclimating to one excercise.

Really though, following one program for a set period of time isn't the most effective way to train. What works for me best is changing loading perimeters, lift selection and volume every workout. This keeps you from going stale, and is easier on the nervous system.

BUMP!!!

The york is going to be giving GVT a try, then he is going to go on a CKD after he is done. Ill let you know how it goes.

My stats now are 5'10''. 190lbs.

I did a six week program of GVT with phenomenal results. Six weeks is the MAX your body can handle the intensity of this particular type of training... longer and you will definitely see negative results from severe over training.

I had my bodyfat, lean mass, and weight charted every day... along with all of my lifting strengths... and my post cycle lifting strengths.

I gained a non steroid 6-7 lbs of lean mass during those six weeks. I also saw an enormous strength increase... on some lifts as much as 20-25%. I also saw that the strength and size gain was permanent... there was no slide back in the months following the GVT program. (On Arnold presses I went from 55 lbs to 80 lbs for 7-8 reps after the cycle... which was significant since I hadn't trained with the Arnold Press at all while doing the six weeks of GVT.

I tried another cycle of GVT about six months later (the second half of Polquin's program) and saw no gains in size or strength at all. I followed the program exactly as written and I was not dieting, juicing, or cutting.

I tried the third portion of the program six months later with again no gains in body mass and modest gains in lifting strength... probably due to adatation to the exercises that I was doing.

I find GVT to be extremely psycologically taxing... and definitely not a fun workout to do. It was very hard to emotionally even want to stick with the program.

i enjoy lifting, so i dont know if i will have any emotional problems. i think i will do gvt for about 3 weeks, then i have to start cutting up for summer, i dont want to do gvt whilst cutting. i think i am actually going to do gvt 2000.

im mostly looking for size, but 20-25% sounds nice for any lift. i wouldn't mind being able to bench almost 300lbs. hopefully my i will have the same sucess you did the first time.

what supps did you use the first time around?

TheYork said:
i enjoy lifting, so i dont know if i will have any emotional problems. i think i will do gvt for about 3 weeks, then i have to start cutting up for summer, i dont want to do gvt whilst cutting. i think i am actually going to do gvt 2000.

im mostly looking for size, but 20-25% sounds nice for any lift. i wouldn't mind being able to bench almost 300lbs. hopefully my i will have the same sucess you did the first time.

what supps did you use the first time around?

No supps... and I sincerely doubt you will benifit from the program if you only do it for three weeks. Either do the entire first phase of Polquin's program... or wait till you can. And don't try anyone elses version of GVT. I truly believe you only get one good shot to do it right... just like you only get on first juice cycle.

Top Bottom