Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Genetics, again

str8nubin

I'm a total fake
Platinum
Is this an excuse?

This project really opened my mind to all the different ways people train.

Its beginning to irritate me when I hear people say, oh, that guy has fantastic genetics.

Like its some kind of excuse. Like their mommy tucks them into bed every night and whispers, "now jimmy, you would be JUST AS BIG as markus ruhl if you just had his genetics and about 30 grams of gear (another pet peeve)"

Of course I believe it is a factor... It defines so much of what your shape can and will be. But is the maximum size you can carry influenced that much by genetics? Assuming conditions are equal with diet, supplements, chemical enhancement from person to person.

Is it that big a deal?

I think it really does. Think about job insertions for example. Insertions that are an inch or more towards the middle of a bone give people a big advantage in powerlifting. It gives a certain amount of leverage. Thats one, not all just one, reason some guys begin benching at 200 or more and others (like me) maxed at 85 lbs when starting. Now it doesn't mean people with bad genetics can't get big or brutally strong, they just have to be smart about it and be very consistant.

That's absolutely true and I can see how genetics influence powerlifting and strongman competitions. Those guys aren't just built in a muscular sense. But with regard to BB, beyond things such as height and natural hormonal levels, do genetics truly impact how much muscle you can carry... In the sense that people around here seem to believe?

I feel as though when people talk about genetics, they speak of it as the reason a bb is able to acheive his peak musculature.

Is it truly a difference in muscle fiber makeup? Is this something you either have or you don't? What am I missing lol

str8nubin said:
That's absolutely true and I can see how genetics influence powerlifting and strongman competitions. Those guys aren't just built in a muscular sense. But with regard to BB, beyond things such as height and natural hormonal levels, do genetics truly impact how much muscle you can carry... In the sense that people around here seem to believe?

I feel as though when people talk about genetics, they speak of it as the reason a bb is able to acheive his peak musculature.

Is it truly a difference in muscle fiber makeup? Is this something you either have or you don't? What am I missing lol

Oh, I missed that. lol
Yes, there is a genetic limit for muscle growth. The length of the muscle belly is what determines that. Look at the pics of Frank Zane and Sergio both doing a biceps flex. See the difference in the length. Frank has a gap between the lowest part of his biceps brachii and his brachioradialis (forearm), while Sergio has no gap whatsover. Even if Frank was on Valentino's dosages, he wouldn't get the size of Sergio IMO.

I see what you mean

Lol mava just bitch slapped me in the steroid forum on the genetics vs training thing

I still say: people use it as an excuse :)

Lol

Oh NO DOUBT its overused. People are always looking for a cop out. They give an advantage, but an advantage doesn't mean victory. My favorite saying for BBing is "Genetics load the gun, but YOU pull the trigger."
That also applies for obesity. :evil: lol

I think Genes are part of the equation but not the determining factor

Knowledge and Heart over ride all as far as I am concerned

sugashane said:
Good, I was hoping OMEGA wouldn't think of a point that made me look like an idiot. :artist:

Lol same. Man has a gift for flipping your pov upside down in like 3-5 words.

So omega, will we ever see you pro or are you set on meeting your ends in the supp industry? We don't know too much about you but it seems like agx can be a big deal. Oh yeah check your email btw.

Anyway big thanks for the words it means a LOT SS you are a wise young guy and thanks for reading my disgusting long posts :artist:

This post is what fried my nerves last night regading pro genetics: "if you saw a pro train when the cameras aren't rolling then you might be dissapointed"

These same posters would also be disappointed seeing us train this way.

I'd choose watching a pro with the cameras off any day..

str8nubin said:
Lol same. Man has a gift for flipping your pov upside down in like 3-5 words.

So omega, will we ever see you pro or are you set on meeting your ends in the supp industry? We don't know too much about you but it seems like agx can be a big deal. Oh yeah check your email btw.

Anyway big thanks for the words it means a LOT SS you are a wise young guy and thanks for reading my disgusting long posts :artist:

This post is what fried my nerves last night regading pro genetics: "if you saw a pro train when the cameras aren't rolling then you might be dissapointed"

These same posters would also be disappointed seeing us train this way.

I'd choose watching a pro with the cameras off any day..
look at rich gaspari he didnt have the best genetics but had a huge heart and appetite to win he did wonders with his physique
and some people have differant fiber makeups in their bodys and may respond differantly to the same training than somebody else
markus ruhl has a great upper chest and delts but by comparison has just above average triceps
just bust your tail in the gym and dont worry what others say or do
the only person you can change is you.

Top Bottom