Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Genetic Potential?

gretak911

How many of you believe that their is a "genetic ceiling" to the strenght that someone can produce? Assuming that with good nutrition (not perfect but alot better than the average Joe.) and a solid training program do you think that anyone can become a 400lb bencher and 500lb squatter?

I'm a true believer that one can overcome any obstacle he or she wants to if they put the dedication and willpower into it. Most limitations are only mental. TP

Of course there's a genetic ceiling...otherwise people would be squatting pickup trucks.

I don't think that everyone has the potential to bench 400 or squat 500, to examine the numbers you use. Drugs of course would help.

edit: changed "anyone" to "everyone"

Last edited:
the one thing that holds most people back is themselves. they arent mentally strong enough, so they accept limitations. im sure somone told dave waddington that squatting 1000 was impossible, but he did it, and now people know it can be done, and many many people have.

People preemptively worried about a genetic ceiling will never find their way out of the genetic basement to discover it.

Just because you are in denial of your genetic potential, doesn't mean that there isn't one.

I don't believe that everyone (male) could bench 400, but I do believe 300 is obtainable for [nearly] everyone, and 350 with considerably more work.

Top Bottom