Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

G-flux, calories-in/out, energy expenditure, body recomp. etc., experiences?

Protobuilder

Read this article on t-nation by Berardi on what he calls "G-flux," which is basically just eating a ton and doing a ton of work so that your calories in vs. out is even but at a very high rate (e.g., 160-ish guy eating 4-6k/day and not getting fat, etc.). Here's the article:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=909183

Just curious to hear some comments on this. Basically, do you get better results in terms of body comp if you bust your ass (e.g., expend lots of energy, high calories out) while eating tons (e.g., high calories in) rather than doing moderate amounts of work (3-6 hours of exercise, wk) while eating moderately (either at maintenance or slightly below)? Typically, you drop bodyfat by slightly reducing calories and adding in more cardio activity . . . the article's saying that if you increase your exercise volume severely (keep strength training but add in high amounts of add'l energy systems work) while bumping up your cals severely, you'll see more lean muscle gain and more fat loss (e.g., body recomp). One obvious downside is time--many *normal* folks can't spend 8-20 hrs/wk exercising.

I know that doggcrapp guys, www.intensemuscle.com, strive to boost their metabolism as high as possible through green tea, high protein intake, etc., so they can eat tons while limiting fat storage.

Anyway, curious to hear thoughts/comments on this issue. Any body recomp stories or strategies? Anyone recommend this strategy? It seems to me that in the end, if calories in vs. out is what matters, it wouldn't make too much difference where that number is set (2k/day vs. 6k/day) . . . if you're eat more than you burn, you gain weight and vice versa.

I have also been very interested in the concept of G-flux lately.Although I could be very wrong,it is to my understanding that an athlete who particapates in lots of activity will not only burn much more calories then someone less active,but increase the mitochondrial density of their muscles too.This would go a long way towards increasing the total metabolism of the individual and make the body far more efficient at processing the large amounts of food of a typical bulking cycle.

It seems that people who put on lots of muscle whilst neglecting cardio/anaerobic conditioning run in problems later on with fat gain whilst bulking because the ratio of mitochondria has fallen compared to their muscle size.This makes the body inefficient at processing the large surplus of food whilst bulking which leads to fat gain.People who are engaged in regular cardio/sports seem to put on the muscle much more cleanly then their less active counterparts as their mito profile is good,in addition to burning much more calories during those activities.

Hope it helps.

Top Bottom