Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

functional muscle

muscledog95

Ive heard on a few occasions that doing 12 to 15 reps benefits a person more if there goal is for working strength use (boxing,wrestling, hiking, camping etc) then if you went low rep to build massive size. Any thoughts????

muscledog95 said:
Ive heard on a few occasions that doing 12 to 15 reps benefits a person more if there goal is for working strength use (boxing,wrestling, hiking, camping etc) then if you went low rep to build massive size. Any thoughts????

Reps of 10 is for size and minimum strength. For muscle size you need volume.

Reps 5-1 For more stregth than size.
For strength you need heavy weight. (If you can do more than 6 reps, it aint heavy)

muscledog95 said:

Strength is strength. For all sports I suggest doing different rep schemes...but I still love the less than five rep sets. With sports I feel that the use of bands and explosive training is the most beneficial.

B True

muscledog95 said:

Strength is strength. For all sports I suggest doing different rep schemes...but I still love the less than five rep sets. With sports I feel that the use of bands and explosive training is the most beneficial.

B True

Re: Re: functional muscle

SSAlexSS said:

Reps of 10 is for size and minimum strength. For muscle size you need volume.

Reps 5-1 For more stregth than size.
For strength you need heavy weight. (If you can do more than 6 reps, it aint heavy)

huh?!? isent it the other way around?? i fought 3-6 reps was for mass/size? and that high reps was for cutting...but then you did 102 sets so then i guess your an (overtrained) expert....

You need to do BOTH

while 8-12 reps are postulated as "SIZE" , 1-5 reps as "STRENTGH" and "6-8" reps a nice tradeoff that will bring you a long way. I think if you are going for size it's very important to incorporate periodisation where you are going to lay the foundation for 8 weeks of doing low reps (5 reps) and after that really taste the fruit of hard labour by being able to work up really heavy weights for 10 reps!

I know a guy who can do a single bench @ 230 kg and he does not have a huge chest.

I know a guy who can do 8 reps with 160 and his pecks look awesome

If you train year round using 10 reps you will likely move less weight in the end as the guy/girl that throws in a regulat power cycle. This is the way a lot of freaky professional bb train.

Re: Re: Re: functional muscle

HulkRow said:

huh?!? isent it the other way around?? i fought 3-6 reps was for mass/size? and that high reps was for cutting...but then you did 102 sets so then i guess your an (overtrained) expert....

Reps below 6 are usually so hard that they train your nervous, joint and other systems MORE than muscles.

For muscle growth you need PROLONGED TENSION. 3-6 reps is too quick.,

For sports where you need strenth do
reps of 5. For pure size , the consensus among scientists is 8+ reps.

Re: Re: Re: functional muscle

HulkRow said:

Reps below 6 are usually so hard that they train your nervous, joint and other systems MORE than muscles.

For muscle growth you need PROLONGED TENSION. 3-6 reps is too quick.,

For sports where you need strenth do
reps of 5. For pure size , the consensus among scientists is 8+ reps. High reps/volume produce high anabolic hormones in your body = more growth!

Re: Re: functional muscle

b fold the truth said:

Strength is strength.

*** I'm not quite sure what your trying to say but if it is that the concept behind strength is simple then I disagree.
Strength is not strength.

Top Bottom