Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

full body workouts

corvettedudeman

I haven't done them in a while... I used to do them back in the day and it worked for me... I have been too afraid to do them again...

If i did it it would be 3 times per week, 2 sets per bodypart... I am cuttting right now by the way

What do you guys think, give it a try or no?

I dont see a problem with doing that, but not on a regular basis. When im cutting, I will alternate back and forth between a regular workout split 4 days of weights, 3 days off to a every 2-3 day full body workout just to give my body a different job to do, and i feel it works pretty good for cutting fat - it wont allow you to gain strength but hey thats not why your doing it, right?

yeah i have gone through phases... Wanting to be the strongest mofo, then wanting to be the biggest mofo... And i finally realized girls dont care how much weight you can slang, and they dont like you if you look like an ape man... So i sucked it up and am just working on being big and lean...

All i am doing right now is trying to cut up and drop the last few lbs to get under 6%.

I think i'll give it a go for the next few weeks until school is out

im actually gaining muscle mass on full bodyworkouts. at first your joints and tendons will hurt because your body is not used to the stress but after about 3 or 4 weeks your body adapts and tendons and joints adjust to the stress and you get stronger.

doing full body workouts can create for more glycogen storage "nutrient partioning" especially if you do am and pm workouts of full body, this way every carb you eat gets sucked into your muscles because you will be priming your muscles throughout the day with this type of workout.

I don't know. Sofageorge has been around since dino's ruled the earth. LOL But seriously, he's been training for decades. He has seen 'trends' come and go. He has stated many times that he has tried all different types of workouts. I would take 25 years of actual experience over a study.

C3bodybuilding said:
I don't know. Sofageorge has been around since dino's ruled the earth. LOL But seriously, he's been training for decades. He has seen 'trends' come and go. He has stated many times that he has tried all different types of workouts. I would take 25 years of actual experience over a study.

HST is not my favorite routine, but it's certainly not a "study." Lots of people are making great gains off of it.

I made some good gains following this type of program last summer:

Upper Body - Day 1

1. Incline Barbell Presses - 2 x 8
2. Barbell Rows - 2 x 8
3. Chins (weighted) - failure
4. Barbell Shrugs or Deads off the rack - 2 x 6-10
5. Seated Barbell Presses - 2 x 8-10
6. Up Right Rows - 2 x 8-10
7. Close Grip Bench Presses - 2 x 8-12
8. Barbell Curls - 2 x 8-12
9. Wrist Curls - 2 x 8-12

Day 2 - Rest

Day 3

1. Squats - 3 x 8-12
2. Leg Presses - 3 x 8-12
3. Leg Extensions - 3 x 8-12
5. Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 2 x 8-12
6. Seated Toe Raises - 3 x 8-12
7. Standing Toe Raises - 3 x 8-12
8. Pulley Crunches - 1 x 30
9. Incline Crunches - 1 x 30

Overall, great routine and the workouts were about 1 hr and 15 minutes.

I made some good gains in strength from this, plus I felt that my conditioning improved.

Top Bottom