Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Full Body Workout vs Focused Workout

ten8

Full Body Workout vs Focused Workout - WHICH IS BETTER AND WHY????????

I am currently doing a "Full Body Workout" 3 days a week:
Ab Wheel 1 set of 60
Bench Presses 3 sets of 10
Dumbell Shoulder Presses 3 sets of 10
Chest Fly 3 sets of 10
One-Arm Dumbell Triceps Extensions 3 sets of 10
Dumbell Lateral Raises 3 sets of 10
One-Arm Dumbell Rows 3 sets of 10
Curls 3 sets of 10
Dumbell Step-ups 3 sets of 10
Squats 3 sets of 10

I do the entire routine above on M, W, F. I do cardio on TU, TH, SA.

I have noticed a lot of people are doing a more "Focused" workouts where they may only workout a certain region of muscles one day a week but they do more sets. Example:

Monday:
Ab Wheel 1 set of 60
Chest Fly 6 sets of 10
Dumbell Shoulder Presses 6 sets of 10
Dumbell Lateral Raises 6 sets of 10

Weds:
Ab Wheel 1 set of 60
Bench Presses 6 sets of 10
One-Arm Dumbell Triceps Extensions 6 sets of 10
Curls 6 sets of 10

Friday:
Ab Wheel 1 set of 60
Dumbell Step-ups 6 sets of 10
One-Arm Dumbell Rows 6 sets of 10
Squats 6 sets of 10

So which routine is better "Full Body" or "Focused" or does it really matter? Also, any suggestions of additions, deletions, or changes to either of the workouts appreciated.

A lot of these excersizes I am referring to are listed at http://www.muscletech.com/TRAINING/DUMBELL_WORKOUT/All_Dumbell_Workout.shtml

You can do either, as long as you focus on progressively adding weight to your exercises. However, I think both of the workouts you listed have too much volume. If you're doing a full body workout, you should only do 1-2 sets for each exercise so your body has time to recover and your muscles can grow. And I don't know anyone who does 6 sets of 10 for multiple exercises, even on "focused" days.

The "full body workouts" usually work well for beginners or people who just want to stay inshape(This is just my opnion ofcourse)...

I really think it all comes down to what your goals are....Then from there you can pick out a certian training schedule....

I like a three or four day split with different parts worked each day, but if I miss a workout I will combine the major body parts together in the next workout, for example wed I did quads/chest(best workout I ever had btw)

Full-body workouts are generally more productive than splits (I wouldn't split the body into any more than 2 separate days, upper and lower), because you can work more frequently. You're doing way too much volume though.

Look into HST

I do splits because that way you can spend 2 hrs a day in a gym nearly every day and not overtrain. The perfect split:

1 - Chest/Tri/Abs/Forarms
2 - Legs/Shoulders
3 - Back/Bicep/Abs/Forarms

A couple of you have mentioned I am doing too much volume. I would like to gain some more mass anyway so would it make more sense to lower the reps to 6 and increase the weight?

Synpax said:
2 hrs a day in a gym nearly every day and not overtrain.

If that were true I suspect you have Ronnie Coleman-like genetics. So what are your stats and are you natural or enhanced?

thats a horrible workout plan dude.

if you want to try fullbody do

Squat, Chin, Bench alternated with Deadlift, Shoulder press and row and maybe a few assistance moves. I have mixed feelings about fullbody workouts

Top Bottom