Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

full body workout

twintower

I am new to the board, but have been lifting for 8 years. I was injured and lost 60 pounds while I was hospitalized. Prior to my injury I was 6" 230 pounds 12-15% bf. Now I am 180pds. My goals are to get between 195-200pds at 7-8% bf. I am trying to find out the quickest and most effective diet and training to regain the muscle I lost and lose the fat I gained. Hopefully everything I've heard about muscle memory is true. Also, Are there any benefits to doing a full body workout compared to working each body part once a week. My current routine is day 1 - chest & tris, day2 - back & bis, day3 - legs, day4-break, day5 - shoulders. I do 25 minutes of cardio after each workout.

Thanks bros

Bro, if you were "injured" to the point of hospitalization... I'd guess you need to address a certain amount of PT and rehab... not just getting bigger.

Your breakdown itself looks fine. I do push/pull/legs which breaks down to Sunday I do chest, tris, and shoulders... Monday I do back and biceps... and Saturday I do legs. Your breakdown is almost the same as mine except you give shoulders their own day. I could switch and do a separate day on shoulders easily if I had the time. So I think your breakdown is great.

What I'm more concerned about is the nature of your injuries... and then the specific exercises you are chosing in your routine. Some exercises are less forgiving than others... and I wouldn't recommend them for someone coming off a specific type of injury... but they'd be fine for someone else.

Can you post your full routine and nature of injuries?

djeclipse said:
I believe the best way to put on muscle/ size is adding weight to the core lifts, Squat, Rows @ 90deg, Flat bench press, Standing Over head press and Deadlift.

Add weight to these lifts and eat right and you will grow fast.

Have a look at this website

http://www.geocities.com/elitemadcow1/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm
I agree. I would only add chin-ups, dips, and weighted crunches to that list. Stick with those core exercises, and the muscle will pile back on. Just be sure to get plenty of protein as well...

SofaGeorge said:
Bro, if you were "injured" to the point of hospitalization... I'd guess you need to address a certain amount of PT and rehab... not just getting bigger.

Your breakdown itself looks fine. I do push/pull/legs which breaks down to Sunday I do chest, tris, and shoulders... Monday I do back and biceps... and Saturday I do legs. Your breakdown is almost the same as mine except you give shoulders their own day. I could switch and do a separate day on shoulders easily if I had the time. So I think your breakdown is great.

What I'm more concerned about is the nature of your injuries... and then the specific exercises you are chosing in your routine. Some exercises are less forgiving than others... and I wouldn't recommend them for someone coming off a specific type of injury... but they'd be fine for someone else.

Can you post your full routine and nature of injuries?

I was in a auto accident in 2006. I had many injuries including torn organs including my heart, broken legs and ankles, facial fractures, and other less severe injuries. I have been done with rehab for 6 months. You would never be able to tell what happened to me unless you saw my scars. I have been back in the gym for 2 months. My question is what is the quickest and most effective way to regain the muscle I lost and take the most advantage of muscle memory. Prior to my accident I was a big dude, 6"0 230pds. My workout routine consists of mainly free weight exercises always deadlifts and squats. I do 3 sets and 10 reps for each exercise. I rest about 30 seconds in between sets and 3 minutes in between exercises to keep GH levels high. My diet consists of high protein, low fat and carbs.

thanks for the feedback

I guess whole body workout can be done thrice by a beginner... But as you have 8 years of experience, you should not train your muscles more than twice..

As our experience grows , we would be able to generate better muscle force and contraction on the muscle which is tough to recover soon..

I would suggest one whole body workout ,,,, but it might demotivate you.. So train each muscle group no more than twice a week

cheers
http://biglee-murali.blogspot.com

:artist:

bigleemurali said:
I guess whole body workout can be done thrice by a beginner... But as you have 8 years of experience, you should not train your muscles more than twice..

As our experience grows , we would be able to generate better muscle force and contraction on the muscle which is tough to recover soon..

I would suggest one whole body workout ,,,, but it might demotivate you.. So train each muscle group no more than twice a week

cheers
http://biglee-murali.blogspot.com

:artist:

Where did you hear this?

No matter how long you have been lifting your muscles are capable of being trained more then once a week.

twintower,
I suggest giving this website a read and try the intermediate w/o listed.

I've been off for a year, tore my schilies Tendon and lost a lot of muscle mass. With the intermediate 5 x 5 in only 7 weeks I was able to break a previous all time PR for deadlift.

djeclipse said:
Where did you hear this?

No matter how long you have been lifting your muscles are capable of being trained more then once a week.

twintower,
I suggest giving this website a read and try the intermediate w/o listed.

I've been off for a year, tore my schilies Tendon and lost a lot of muscle mass. With the intermediate 5 x 5 in only 7 weeks I was able to break a previous all time PR for deadlift.

It is out of experience and have seen that the recovery slows down as the muscle mass increases.. it would be around 4 or 5 days for many... But for convenience we term it for a week...

bigleemurali said:
It is out of experience and have seen that the recovery slows down as the muscle mass increases.. it would be around 4 or 5 days for many... But for convenience we term it for a week...

Recovery doesn't slow, the ability to lift more weight/ make new PR's does slow. When that happens you have to take time to work up to the new PR. Instead of making them every week or so it may take month's or longer of training just to make a new PR.

But the ability to train a body part more then once a week, especially legs, back is simply conditioning, it has nothing to do with how long you've been training for.

Top Bottom