Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Full Body Old School Training , How come nobody does....?

natural-mike

I'm sure I'll get flamed for being a natural HIT advocate, but I look at some posted routines on this board 95% are total overtraining, and 99% are split routines.

Am I the only shmuck training full body twice a week, 1 exercise per body part, 2 sets per exercise?

Unless you people are anabolic, most of you are overtraining.

Love,

Natural Mike

Let the flaming begin

I don't need exogenous testosterone shot in my ass to train 3-4 days a week ( I do a three day, push pull legs split ) and most people don't either, 2 days a week with full body workout is borderlining a couch potatoe for me. I enjoy being physically fit and having good endurance rather than just being big.

Lifting is more than just a means to an end for me. but on the other hand I have never seen someone who trains the way you do with a *great physique. You do what you'll do as you sound pretty stubborn about it. If you think I am overtraining, you are wrong. I know my body, and I know exactly how much is too much.

Originally posted by natural-mike:

Unless you people are anabolic, most of you are overtraining.

Oh COME ON. At least TRY to back up what you say. If you want a debate, throw some links at us, say your bit, and justify your statement. otherwise, what's the point of this?

This argument has been done on this and other boards ad naseum. NO reason to get into it again.

And why are all (s)HIT-heads so arrogant?

proofs, any??

what r ur proofs for asuming that???

post pics and then we could talk, im not saing this to bother you, im asking it because im conserned.

pls, reply.

What I don't understand is why you consider HIT training "old school" training. Most of the old-schoolers were in the gym every single day, and many were in the gym more than once a day. Overtraining the human body is actually harder to accomplish than you may think, even with intense exercise. The human body recovers very fast, and the more you stress the body (as long as you get the proper amount of sleep and keep a good diet) the more endurance and stamina you will gain. As I've said before, I think HIT and (s)HIT are mainly directed towards people who have hit plateaus in their training. It is merely one method of a thousand that has been thrown around. Many competition-class BBs have also followed much more rigorous training schedules.

Leviathan did you say " it is harder to overtrain the body than you think"

I'm very concerned, I question your intensity, I question your work ethic.

I can easily over train my body in 2 sets, because of how I work, because of the intensity level i work at, because of the level of failure I am able to reach, because how far past the pain barrier I take my set.

Now you are immediately thinking, screw me, your going to say how hard you work, how intense you are, but thats funny, if you work so hard , so intense, how are you able to do multiple sets,? how are you able to return to the gym the next day or even 2 days later?

In fact for all of you flaming me...

TRY HIT then talk shit,

And if any of you tried it and it didnt work, its your fault, you lacked the ability to reach your intensity level in 1 or 2 sets.

You guys want proof.....Dorian Yates..hello, as jacked up and juiced up as he was he trained with HIT, he trained with Mentzer for 4 years .

OK everyone all together now..flame flame flame...

Peace to all my brothers who at leats listen before they talk shit.

Mike, lets be honest, you must be pretty small. What your doing is called cross training, not bodybuilding.

Yes Bsmooth you are so right.

I'm thinking about changing my ways,..in hopes to one day be as big you.

You big...me small...

Ha ha, "Mike you must be small"

Fucking hilarious, downright fucking funny.

Nobody is as big as you B, nobody,

Cross training..ha, good one.

Mike, just because you are tired after one or two sets doesn't mean you are lifting more intensely than I am, it simply means I have more endurance than you do. Trust me when I say I'm lifting at full intensity... I go to failure, and then do partial reps. As I said before, if you train more often you will build up your endurance. The body WILL adapt.

I have Dorian yates book and video, I can tell you he trains quite different than mentzer. The error I feel lies in trying to do the whole body in one day. I currently do a 3 day split and only 2 sets per ex. go to failure.

Dorian Yates has the most intelligent training philosophy I have ever read. for beginners and intermediates he RECOMMENDS multiple sets because although you may be going to failure, your muscle is truly cabable of more work (you have not the strength neurologically to make the muscle fire again.) He trained with multiple sets 3 sets of 2-3 exercises for 9 years before he cut back to one set to failure.

Top Bottom