Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

fuck looks wannabe STRONG! input for new routine

right now, im somewhat pleased with my physique, but i feel im not as strong as i look. I need a new routine for old fashioned monster STRENGTH!!!! Just the thought of it gets me excited, can you guys help me with a new routine, of course incorporating my faves like cleans, deads, squats and push presses. Id like to start a new routine next week, thanks.

What are you doing now?

What works?

All of your stats...

B True

Im 23, 5'8 210lbs been at this shit for 5 years started ago at 130lbs. Im somewhat content with my physique now but most concerned with my strength. It hasnt moved in almost a year.

My diet is GREAT, seriously if i dont eat every 2-3 im starving, i have to eat.

current routine is

Monday- legs and bis

legs:
5 sets of squats
2 sets of one legged lunges
3 sets hams
3 sets seated calves
3 sets standing calves

bis :(most lagging bodypart, tis why i work it with legs)
3 sets of bb curls
3 sets of preachers
superset with hammer curls and incline curls

wednesday- chest and tris

3 sets of incline bench
3 sets of flat dumbs
3 sets of pullovers
3 sets of closegrip benches
3 sets of kickbacks
3 sets of dips

Friday- back and shoulders

3 sets of chins
3 deads
3 hang cleans
2 bent over bb rows
3 sets of seated military
3 laterals
3 shrugs

its only 3 times a week, i hit all the compounds and most of my reps range from 4-6, except for the smaller body parts. Im only benching 275 right now, i need to up it. Im squatting 315 ass to heels and my deads are at 365. Are these right ratios for my stats? 5'8, 210lbs. I feel my bench is not in the right ratio and need to improve that most. Oh and ive done this routine for 2 years, if it aint broke dont fix it was my motto for the last 2 years, but now ive hit a plateau. Gotta break it.

You want quick strength?

Aim at improving intramuscular coordination?

You've been a bodybuilder and hence most of your strength has come from muscle hypertrophy. You have to teach your body to use all of those fibers to its greatest potential.

-Zulu

you need to bust your ass a little more, im 16 at 5'9 165 pounds. and i bench 290 squat 435 and deadlift 465. maybe your over training. i dunno

hey bro hope this helps
you have done real well with your training and muscle building thus far but to get power you must stop training like a body builder and train like a power lifter.
3 days a week is great like i have said many times before i am 5-10 and was stuck at 225 for a couple of years. i dropped my training to mon-wed-fri and now i am 244 and bigger and stronger than i ever thought i would get.
1)need 5 work sets for squats not counting warm ups go wide stance,deep and heavy and cut out lunges
2)need to flat bench 5 work sets not counting warm ups 3 of those in 5 and under rep range also cut out flat db and only do incline 1 or 2 x per month bust ass on flats. cut out dips and do floor press 1 week and close grip next --alternate. kick backs ok but do push downs.
3)do 5 sets of deads or partial deads and shrugs right then. do pull downs heavy instead of chins and cut out military or at least do only to front they will tear up shoulders others are ok but dont know what hang cleans are
4)for good bench strength add a extra day every other week and do board presses---use 3, 4, and 5 boards going up in weight.(do like a bench but with board on chest reat bar on board then drive)

good luck

Top Bottom