Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Frustrated about size

And to the original post, I read "for the last two months Iv worked really hard and been really consistent" ... does this mean for the rest of the year you havnt worked really hard or been consistent? Because that could be your problem.

I agree with musketeer that adding some volume may help.

I have been lifting for about two years now..for the last year I have been using the madcow 5x5. I will run hard for a month then taper, get re-motivated and do another month hard..this time I have done 2 months straight very hard.

I know I need to keep at it hard for much longer, guess sometimes a guy needs to hear it from other people...

I will take everyones advice and increase volume and see how i respond.

Thanks!

At your size right now you are pretty "thin".
I think the best approach for you is Eat, Lift Grow.
You do this by thinking Less is More.
Eat 5 big clean (more or less) meals per day. You do not want to speed up your metabolism.
PB&J is you friend as are eggs and milk. All meats, occasional pizza and nuts by the hand full.
In your workout I dont think you wanna really go toward volume as you said. I would think you would wanna be in the rep range of 6-8 with sets 3-5, this = intensity.
Do all compound lifts, do your workouts 3 days/ week, with a shake and carbs right aft every workout.
Do little if any cardo.
Concentrate on the Big Money Lifts, Squat, DL, Rows, Bench, Dips Pullups. You dont need or want isolation at this point if you wanna add mass.
Keep posting and be safe.:)

First, let me correct a misconception. Size has absolutely nothing to do with strength. If it did Ronnie Coleman would be the strongest guy walking around. But on my good days, I can out deadlift him, and I am 6' 1", 270 lbs and can remember where I was when JFK was shot. Then on the other side, you take a guy like Jason Bergmann who is 5'10" @ 260 lbs, and he can nearly deadlift 1000 lbs, load a 520 lb stone to 54" for reps, and OHP 400 lbs.

Now, if I may quote Mark Rippetoe...

"The bulk/cut approach holds that you can either add muscle or lose bodyfat, and that all training should be concerned with one or the other. This assumes that aesthetics is the criterion by which progress is measured, that pictures therefore tell the story, and that picture magazines can be the arbiters of success. This type of thinking completely ignores the performance aspects of training, and performance is much more easily and rapidly influenced. Rapid, quantifiable progress keeps motivation high, much higher than waiting for a six-pack that may or may not show up."

B-
But wouldn't that mean you just keep getting fatter and fatter (if you permabulk). If you aren't a superheavyweight that isn't an option for you. Also being fat makes you bad at sports and if you get fat enough is bad for your health. You have to cut.

But wouldn't that mean you just keep getting fatter and fatter (if you permabulk). If you aren't a superheavyweight that isn't an option for you. Also being fat makes you bad at sports and if you get fat enough is bad for your health. You have to cut.

Not really. Reread that first line. It says to put on muscle or lose body fat. It doesn't say anything about getting fatter.

B-

Does anyone really enjoy this type of debate? It is like arguing with your wife...wow.

Just keep training, progressively for along time, and eat like there is no tomorrow and spend as much time as you can doing NOTHING.

Top Bottom