Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Front Squats & Squats- Are They REALLY That Much Different???

Texas Ranger

Ok, to the guys that have tried them both. Do Front Squats REALLY shift more focus to the quads, instead of the glutes? I'm thinking about making Front Squats my main quad exercise along with Barbell Hack Squats, Heavy DB Lunges & Leg Extensions. I want REALLY to concentrate on my quad development without overdeveloping my glutes. What do you think???

Texas Ranger said:
Ok, to the guys that have tried them both. Do Front Squats REALLY shift more focus to the quads, instead of the glutes?

Yes
And I feel front squat easier on the kness and lower back

depends on your foot stance..same with reg squats if you use a narrower stance youll hit more quads and less glutes..i do reg squats 5x5 then front squats 2x8 or so..it is a little less taxing on your lower back..

nothing wrong with doing fronts as your main..i was doing 5x5 front squats for a bit but i would always do bak squats as well..i think it would be better if you didfront squats as your main and instead of BB hacks you do reg squats

I think it may seem different because the way you hold the bar forces an upright, narrow stance

but I think taking that same stance for back squats will emphasize the quads in the way you want

casualbb said:
I think it may seem different because the way you hold the bar forces an upright, narrow stance

but I think taking that same stance for back squats will emphasize the quads in the way you want
for those that have a problem squatting atf fronts are a good way to help you get low..you can go wide stance on fronts as well

the difference i notice with front squats vs. OLY high bar squats is minimal. a bit more ab involvement when the bar is carried in the front, IMO.

use both
maybe alternate between workouts
i do reg squats with a fairly narrow stance, and i do feel front squats more in the lower quad area (vastius?)
and they have helped me in getting lower on the movement

Top Bottom