Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Front squat vs regular squats

A

Advaik

Is there any real difference in front squat vs regular squats? I am unable to do regular squats because I have no spotter or safety rack, but my bench bar can raise up to a level where I can easily take the bar off to do front squats without having actually lift it. The only problems I seem to have is it hurts my wrists alot if I am too loose with the bar and its harder to keep my balance. I can do pretty much the same weight as regular squats though. Is there any reason why I should change and get a safety rack to do regular squats or am I ok with front squats (plus I do leg ext, leg curls, and lunges). Thanka

change your hand position. you dont have to take a clean type grip. you can take a cossack grip and no stress on the wrists. if you can pick up for a front squat, why cant you pick up for a back squat?

Hey...right now I am using 2 55 gallon drums to squat out of...onto a 12" box. If you want to squat bad enough...you will find a way.

B True

Did I mention that my box was an old tire with a very small box on top of it. It can be done...if you want to do it.

B True

Front squats isolate the quads a little more than regular squats, especially the front, but since you can't go nearly as heavy they'll never build the same size, great to finish up with after doing regular squats

The way the bars on my bench are posistioned makes it difficult to put the weight on my back, there is not enough room for me to fit in between the bars unless I bend my back over. If I train to failure then try to put the weight back on the bar I'd have alot of trouble and would probably put my back out. I think I'll try the cross grip, it should take the strain of the weight off my wrists. Thanks a ton

Top Bottom