Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Front squat

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
While doing regular back squat you "protect" your lower back by arching it and squeezing the shoulder blades together

But what about front squat ?

What can you do to avoid putting much strain on your lower back ?

it's not really possible to strain you back. when you back squat the strain on your back comes from leaning too far forward (legs lift but back stays in the same spot then lifts the weight up).

when you frnt squat, if you lean forward the bar will fall off your shoulders. it has its own checking system.

Beachbum1546 said:
it's not really possible to strain you back. when you back squat the strain on your back comes from leaning too far forward (legs lift but back stays in the same spot then lifts the weight up).

when you frnt squat, if you lean forward the bar will fall off your shoulders. it has its own checking system.

I agree. While it looks like it would be awkward, your body remains in pretty much the same position as it would on a regular squat. Try it with some light weight first and get a feel for it. I think you'll be surprised.

with front squats and OLY high bar squats, my torso angle is the same. if someone really doesnt like front squats they can do the same squat with the bar on their back if they sit "in the pocket" as they do for front squats.

Actually you can hurt your lower back if it weak while doing fronts.....make sure to stay in a groove that is as erect as you can. Make sure to keep your lower back arched hard and do not round. Make sure to always strengthen you back and abs with good mornings and hypers....and ab work.

I personally feel front squats are a better alternative to regular squats in terms of quad growth.

I'll take a regular back squat over a front squat any day in terms of sheer overall strength and power built from it.

But for quad developement, I'd agree that the front squat definitely hits the quads better.

i tried some front squats and my knees really liked them- the groove just feels better. has anyone else noticed this or knows something about it?

Top Bottom