Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Front raises...

A

Advaik

Just did front raises for the second time. Damn these things kick the shit out of my delts, it's a burn ten times worse than wrist curlers.

Problem is I think I might have torn something while doing it. I was on my last rep and was holding it as long as I could then I felt a "pop" in my arm (near where the bicep/delt meet). Now whenever I do the motion I get a little tendor soreness in my delt. Oh well, probably just tore some soft tissue or something.

Did you use dumbell or barbell?

with dumbell a hammercurl grip (neutral grip) is less prone to injury than overhand grip.

A nice exercise that requires a great deal of control not to cheat but very rewarding when done in good form is:

front raises with EZ bar using a close underhand grip.

Unlike the front presses you do them slow and avoid momentum.
Keep the arms straight (just a slight bend) and only bend the arms just a tiny bit more to improve leverage the last 3-4 reps

Start your active recovery for your shouder NOW!!!! Don't let the twinge continue...fix it now!!!!

I love doing plate raises. Hold a 35 or 45 or whatever like a steering wheel and raise it in front of you...

B True

I tried doing front raises again today just to see if it was still sore. It definetly feels like I tore some soft tissue (it's the same feeling I get when I tear the soft tissue in my forearms). I guess I'll just try a hammercurl grip with a 40lb plate or some DBs for now on, but I'll give it 2 weeks to heal first. No reason to live with the pain longer than I have to.

Start with the ice, heat, stretching, massage, ibuprofen, etc...and lots of rotator cuff work!!!!

B True

could be anything, even if it "popped", but likely strained one of your rotator cuff muscles.....there are four of them that stabilize your shoulder (they are not the deltoids). Doing those front raises puts a great deal of strain on just one of them (it almost isolates the supraspinatus muscle...but not completely). Rest is the most important....so stop the front raises for a while....do continuous range of motion exercises, and anti-inflammatory meds (like ibuprofen, alleve, celebrex and vioxx to name a few).

An audible "pop" doesn't neessarily mean you tore something....for instance, when you "crack your knuckles" you hear and feel a "pop"...it is actually the release of small microscopic gas bubbles....and no that type of stuff doesn't lead to arthritis (getting off topic)

I didn't hear a pop, I felt a pop. It was right under the delt near where the bicep and delt meet.

Top Bottom