Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Free Workout Routine Productivity Tips - Top 10

George Spellwin

The Architect
Staff member
Administrator
Elite Moderator
A new story entry has been added:

Free Workout Routine Productivity Tips - Top 10

free-workout-routine.jpg
Everyone knows the great feeling you get when starting out on a new workout routine. You’re pumped up when you hit the gym, you are dedicated to getting the most out of every workout, and it feels like you could continue on like this forever. Unfortunately, the reality of the situation is that once the initial feeling of excitement and motivation is gone it starts to become much tougher for you to remain productive when your free workout routine becomes, well, routine.

Last edited:
re: Free Workout Routine Productivity Tips: How do you make your workout more productive?

Male sure you are fueled up. Eat a meal containing lean protein and complex carbohydrates 1.5 to 1 hour pre training.

Take a pre workout supplement. I prefer Amp02.

Stay hydrated. I sip a carb and amino drink while I train.

re: Free Workout Routine Productivity Tips: How do you make your workout more productive?

read what Omega tells me to do and do it! haha
Keep rest at a maximum of 1 minute. or longer if doing more weight/less reps.
Keep rest inbetween exercises to a max of 2 minues.
Headphones on and stick to exercising.. yes its ok to talk before or after yuor workout, don't get in the habit of chit chatting for 5-10 minutes with one of your buddies. very small talk when you see someone you know so you don't come of as a dingdong.
workout correctly, haha
meals before and after workout, supps before and after workout.
rest and sleep 7-8 hours a day.
That's what I got George!

Hi George :)

Wow, I could make up a 5 page list on how you can make your time at the gym more productive. Here are a few things off the top of my head:

1- Work out early in the morning (at 5 or 6 am, before work) At that time, your natural test levels are at their highest, you have still not exerted any considerable energy, you have not spent much calories, you have not wasted calories and energy thinking, working, worrying, walking, driving, talking on the phone, talking to co-workers, worrying about getting fired, etc...With high levels of energy, not having spent any calories and your natural test levels at their highest, early in the morning def. gives me an edge in the gym

2- Pre-workout meal (sweet potatoes, yams, oatmeal, high-carb protein shake) about 1-1.5 hours pre-workout gives you a high energy boost and feelings of well-being

3- Keeping yourself hydrated at all times in the day by drinking at least 3-4 Liters of water a day

4- Taking slow released casein protein like cottage cheese right before bed, so you are still consuming proteins in your sleep

5- spreading out your meals evenly so you are always getting the calories and protein intake in order to have a good workout

6- taking energy drinks, caffein, high-carb drinks 30 mins before gym to give you a quick short-lasting rush and a boost in the gym

7- working out with a hardcore partner who's stronger than you, better than you, has more muscular endurane and has been doing it for longer; it will get you motivated, inspired and will keep you striving to excel and match your partner's abilities

8- watching bodybuilding vids or looking at pictures of bodybuilder's pumping iron right before the gym; gets me motivated and almost breathing heavy

9- Hardcore music on my iPOD - either heavy metal or hardcore underground hip hop...anything that almost screams energy and makes you want to break stuff

10- Pushing myself really hard to the point where I cant lift my arms and convincing myself that no pain no gain and pain is my best friend.

1. To not let ANYTHING or ANYONE get in the way of my goals and objectives in the gym.
2. To channel all of my anger and stress into my lifts.
3. Omega's help with everything, the water preworkout helps a LOT.
4. To establish a great mind-muscle connection.
5. like traz said, find a stronger, older, smarter partner who will push you to the limit.

Bros,

Please help me research a new article about the ways you can make your time at the gym more productive. Some examples:

- Working out with a personal trainer.
- Working out at a certain time of day.
- Taking a certain supplement before working out.
- Listening to certain songs on your ipod.

What do you do to make your workouts more productive?

Working out with a partner is a must for me. When i have someone there training with me (preferably stronger or bigger then me) i have much more motivation and drive to do better and its always nice to have someone screaming at you to get those last reps and give you a little spot to break though you comfort zone.

Working out at a particular time of day IMO is crucial. I don't believe in morning training at all unless your work night shift and morning is really your night. You need to be properly fueled for a intense productive workout and just breakfast doesn't cut it IMO.

Pre workout supps are also a must for any trainer. I personally like taking ECA minus the A before i workout. It makes me much more focused, gives me more energy. I also have a protein shake with wazy maize in it before i work out for the carbs so i have energy throughout my workout. I tend to stick to water during my workout because i have a bothersome stomach but that is a personal issue.

Hydration is another big factor. If i am not fully hydrated my workouts do seem to suffer a little which is why i tend to train later in the day so i am fully hydrated and i am always drinking water or juice throughout the day.

Thee two are big for me...

"- Taking a certain supplement before working out.
- Listening to certain songs on your ipod."

Amplify02 + Heavy Metal = Crushing the Weights.

!

Logging On to Elite Fitness and meeting and sharing ideas with friends and confidants

:)~!

Partners come and go. Over the last 10 years I have went through countless partners. It sucks. They don't have the drive I have. So, you have to dig deep inside yourself and train with what you have...YOU! As far as pre-workout, I eat 3/4 cup of oatmeal (great for keeping muscles infused with carbs) and 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese. Been doing this for @ 8 years now, has never failed. As far as motivation, I watch a video of Dorian Yates from time to time and that really fires me up! About 30 minutes before training I take 200 mg of caffiene, 25-50 mgs of ephidrine and 100 mgs of aspirine.

this is a great th read...its helping me out alot haha!

Top Bottom