Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

free weights vs machine for home work out

cesar vialponde

hey buds, I was wondering what would you suggest or prefer to work out at home to get some mass an definition guys? a full set of free weights or one of those all in one work out machine like bowflex revolution gym, I'm sick of going to the gym and see all those fucking wise asses ronnie coleman wannabes and wait 15 minutes until they let the equipment go so you can use it, thank you for your advice.

i used to have a home gym. i much prefer to workout at the gym because i get more motivation that way and it is my home away from home that i can relax in. sometimes you need to get out of the house

having said that if you do get a home gym i recommend buying free weights, 2 or 3 olympic bars, a set of rubber weights, mats, a bench press set, and a squat rack

you can buy all that on your craigslist, people practically give their stuff away cause they quit using it. if you are patient you can get some great deals!

Nothing will ever replace free weights. The problem with machines is that you are pushing a weight along a track. You aren't creating the movement pattern yourself. Machines do not train your central nervous system or stabilizer muscles near as efficiently as free weights.

If you look at the best bodybuilders, athletes, boxers etc. they all train with free weights.

If given the choice, always free weights over machines. Free weights will work all stabilizer muscles and allow you to perform the exercise with your range of motion instead of a set one.

Top Bottom