x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

are free weights better than machines?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about are free weights better than machines? within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: my cousin and I started lifting the same exact day 8 months ago, he is more a free weight guys I do more machines we have different training plans but we both work our asses of for sure, for some reason he looks way bigger than me and I wonder if it's the fact that he has been doing more free weights and I have been doing machines, should I switch to free weights? thank you.

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

are free weights better than machines?

my cousin and I started lifting the same exact day 8 months ago, he is more a free weight guys I do more machines
    we have different training plans but we both work our asses of for sure, for some reason he looks way bigger than me
    and I wonder if it's the fact that he has been doing more free weights and I have been doing machines, should I switch
    to free weights? thank you.

Re: are free weights better than machines?

All things being equal - yes go with freeweights

first off never compare yourself with friends.. i worked out with a friend in high school all summer.. both had the same workouts, same diet, same age, same everything.. i had better results because i had better genetics. he had cancer just a couple years prior and mother nature gifted him awful luck/genetics

2nd it isn't about working out hard, it is about working out efficient. the best way to lift weights is ripping up your muscle fibers and then getting quality sleep to recover and repair. until you master that you will never reach your peak performance

and yes you should be doing free weights, resistance training, some machines, etc etc.. utilize everything ..
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults via skype. contact me I can help you
    Looking for a steroid source? drop me a visitor message or click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <12 week bulker and cutting/fasting Ebooks 4sale
    ask me for coupons to N2bm, juvepharma, sarms1 etc.
    http://goo.gl/F9Yggp < click for Rx drugs

Free weights stimulate muscle protein synthesis and train the central nervous system much more efficiently then machines do.

Machines have their place but free weights should be the 'bread and butter' of your workouts

All Natural

I use both mainly free weights but machines are nice for fitness like some dealt exercises or last exercises. If he's using only freeweights incorporate both into your exercise and see if you notice a marked improvement. Definitely free weights for core exercises. I wouldn't use machines for pec exercises or quads those can get torn down better with free weights. After you've tried both you should have a better appreciation for which is better for exercising what muscles and how.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Variety is the key. Stick to free weights as your main exercises but definitely add in machines too.