Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Free-weight hack squat question

JOKER47

Elite Mentor
I have tried adding free-weight hack squats as a variation on leg day like in the link:

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/BBHackSquat.html

But when I do them, to get full extension, I have to do a sort of "wiggle" to get the bar past my ass. If I don't "wiggle", I can't to stand up all the way. It doesn't seem that "hairy man" has that problem. It's uncomfortable and does not feel good on my lower back, either.

Am I doing something wrong? (My ass is not THAT big.) Or am I supposed to not get a full extension for these? (Standing all the way up.)

Thanks,
Joker

JOKER47 said:

But when I do them, to get full extension, I have to do a sort of "wiggle" to get the bar past my ass. If I don't "wiggle", I can't to stand up all the way.

Joker

'wiggle' - LMAO!...

Too funny - "Joker's got Booty!"

seriously now, if you look at the video.. the hairy dude gets full extension w/o having the bar land on his ass.. maybe your arms a 'short' in relation to your body?

Re: Re: Free-weight hack squat question

CrimsonKing said:

'wiggle' - LMAO!...

Too funny - "Joker's got Booty!"

The correct phrase would be "Joker got back.":D

That's the only thing I could think of, is that my arms are short. But, hairy mans doesn't necessarily look really long or anything. (Like an orangutan.) And mine don't seem really short, for that matter.

Anyone else try this and have this problem?

Joker

Same problem here. My ass gets in the way, and the lift feels uncomfortable. Hairy man makes it look easy, but I struggle with it.

I tried this exercise a coule of moons ago, and I experienced the same rubbing problem with the rear end, although mine isn't as big. who the hell invented this exercise anyway?

People's Champ> Probably the same sadistic bastard who invented glute-ham raises. God, those kill. Been a while since my goal was to complete one full rep of an excercise.:D

Is there anybody here who is able to hack squats as the video shows? (Full ROM.)

If so, how are you able to do it?

Thanks,
James

I've never done hacks like that before. However, it's important that your backside stay stable during ANY kind of squat. That "wiggle" will fuck up your back quicker than anything.

Top Bottom