Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

free weight for arms

Alfred Montie

I would like to start working on my arms, shoulders and chest, I can't afford a full set of free weights right now or one of those all in one machine, so I want to get a set of two dumb bells.
My question is how heavy should I get them to work out the muscle groups of my chest and arms and be able to see some results? thank you.

Well, that depends on each person. There is a saying in Russia among bodybuilders that I really like - your record weight can be a warmup weight for someone else. So the same applies here. What you can do, is the same thing I did back in the days - get dumbells with screws, where you can add plates with weights - this way you will always be able to increase weights indefinitely.

Your best bet would be to get a set of adjustable dumbbells. Otherwise you are going to need to buy a lot of different weights.

For arms you would probably need dumbbells around 20-30 pounds. For chest you would need dumbbells around 60-70 pounds.

The advice give my @stevesmi is sound. Check out kijiji or classifieds. You can often find used gym equipment for dirt cheap.

Top Bottom